Hello Lawyer X, I am an overseas Vietnamese who has lived in the US and been married for 12 years, now I want to return home to make a chip ID card because my ID card has expired. So what is the current procedure for granting identity cards to overseas Vietnamese? How to Citizen ID declaration form for Overseas Vietnamese? Please advise.
Hello, to answer your questions, let’s find out with Lawyer X through the following article.
Nationality Law 2008
Law on Citizenship Identity 2014
What is a citizen ID?
A citizen’s identity card is a type of identification document issued by a competent authority to a citizen from the time he reaches the age specified by law regarding his/her own identity, and the basic information of a citizen. individuals are used to present during travel and transactions in the territory of Vietnam.
Citizen ID card has a rectangular shape of 85.6 mm long, 53.98 mm wide, both sides of the ID card are printed with a light blue and white pattern.
Front: Left, top down: National emblem of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, diameter 14 mm; photo of the person issued with the ID card, size 20 x 30 mm; valid to (day, month, year). Right, top down: Socialist Republic of Vietnam; Independence – Freedom – Happiness; the word “ID card” (red); number; full name and first name birth; other names and surnames; date of birth; sex; ethnic; home town; place of residence.
Back: On top is a 2-D barcode. On the left, there are 2 cells: upper cell, left index finger fingerprint; bottom box, right index finger fingerprint. Right, top to bottom: identity; date, month and year of issuance of the people’s identity card; title of grantor; signed and sealed.
What is Overseas Vietnamese?
Usually, Viet Kieu is a term to refer to Vietnamese people residing outside the territory of Vietnam, they may be holding Vietnamese nationality and/or the nationality of the host country.
According to the Law on Nationality, overseas Vietnamese can be divided into two categories.
Overseas Vietnamese: Pursuant to Clause 3, Article 3 of the Law on Nationality 2008, overseas Vietnamese are Vietnamese citizens and people of Vietnamese origin who reside and live long-term abroad.
People of Vietnamese origin residing abroad: Pursuant to Clause 4, Article 3 of the Law on Nationality, a person of Vietnamese origin residing abroad is a Vietnamese who once had Vietnamese nationality, but when he was born, his/her nationality was granted. determined according to the principle of bloodline and their children and grandchildren residing and living in a foreign country for a long time.
Can overseas Vietnamese be granted a citizen identity card?
According to Article 19 of the Law on Citizen Identification 2014, Vietnamese citizens from full 14 years old are granted identity cards.
According to the Law on Nationality, a person with Vietnamese nationality is a Vietnamese citizen. Therefore, overseas Vietnamese are granted a Vietnamese citizen ID if they hold Vietnamese nationality (Vietnamese people residing abroad).
At the same time, you must meet the age requirement of 14 years or older to be issued with an identity card.
Procedures for granting citizenship cards to overseas Vietnamese?
According to Article 26 of the Law on Citizenship Identification, citizens can choose one of the following places to carry out procedures for issuance, exchange or re-issue of citizen identification cards:
At the citizen identification management agency of the Ministry of Public Security;
At the citizen identification management agency of the Public Security of the province or city under central authority;
At the citizen identification management agency of the district, district, town, provincial city and equivalent administrative units;
Competent citizen identification management agencies shall organize procedures for issuance of citizen identification cards at communes, wards, townships, agencies, units or at citizens’ places of residence in case of necessity.
Documents required for issuance of a Citizenship Card
According to Article 22 of the Law on Citizen Identification, overseas Vietnamese need the following documents to apply for a citizen ID card:
Declaration according to the prescribed form;
In case overseas Vietnamese do not have information in the National Population Database, they must present legal papers such as birth certificates, temporary residence books, etc.
Declaration form for citizen identification in Vietnam
Form CC01 is used for citizens to declare information about their personal identity when there is a request to issue, change or re-issue a citizen’s identity card (even if the citizen declares on the online public service website).
How to write a declaration of Citizenship
- Section “Last name, middle name and first name”, “Last name and other first name”: write the full family name, middle name and first name according to the birth certificate; Full capital letters. Only write the last name and other name if the birth certificate has a different surname and name;
- Section “Day, month and year of birth”: write the date of birth of the citizen who is issued, changed or re-issued with the citizen identification card. Date of birth write 02 digits; The year of birth must be filled with four digits. For the month of birth from March to September, write 1 digit, the remaining months of birth, write 2 digits;
- Section “Gender”: if male gender, write “Male”, if female gender write “Female”;
- Sections “Ethnicity”, “Religion”: write ethnicity and religion of the citizen who is granted, changed or re-issued a citizen ID card as shown in the birth certificate or proof of ethnicity and religion of the agency. competent authority;
- Section “Nationality”: write the nationality of the citizen who is granted, changed or re-issued with the citizen’s identity card as shown in the birth certificate or a document proving his/her Vietnamese nationality issued by a competent authority;
- Section “Marriage status”: write the current marital status of the citizen who is granted, changed or re-issued a citizen ID card, including: unmarried, married or divorced;
- Section “Blood group” (if any): write according to the conclusion on the blood group determination test of the citizen requesting the issue, change or re-issue of the citizen’s identity card;
- Section “Place of birth registration”: Enter the administrative address at the commune, district and provincial levels according to the citizen’s birth certificate. In case the birth certificate does not fully state the administrative location according to the commune, district or province level, the administrative place name according to that birth certificate shall be written. If there is a change in the administrative place name, the new administrative place name which has been changed according to regulations;
- Section “Hometown”: Enter the administrative address at commune, district, and province levels according to birth certificates and household registration books. In case those papers do not fully state the administrative place names according to the commune, district or provincial levels, the administrative names shall be recorded according to such papers. If there is a change in the administrative place name, the new administrative place name which has been changed according to regulations;
- Section “Permanent residence”: write completely and accurately according to the household registration book. In case a citizen applies for the grant, change or re-grant of a citizen’s identity card on the official payroll of the People’s Army or People’s Public Security Forces, who are gathered in barracks or collective houses as written on the recommendation of the People’s Army. agencies and units for citizens;
- Section “Current residence”: write fully, clearly and accurately the citizen’s current residence in order of house number, street; hamlet, hamlet, village, hamlet, hamlet, hamlet, phum, squirrel; commune/ward/township; district/district/town/provincial city; provinces / cities under central;
- Section “Occupation”: specify the occupation you are doing, in the case of an active-duty soldier, leave it blank. Section “Educational qualifications”: specify the highest educational level (doctor, master, university, college, intermediate, high school graduation, junior high school graduation…);
- Sections 17, 18, 19, 20, 21: write full family name, middle name, first name; nationality; the number of citizen’s identity card or people’s identity card in the corresponding fields in the form (if any);
- Items requested by citizens:
- “Issuance, renewal and re-issuance of citizen identification cards”: For first-time issuance, write new issuance; for cases of damage, expiration or change or error of information on the citizen’s identity card or the citizen requests to change the card, write the issue and change; for cases where the card is lost or the Vietnamese nationality is restored, it shall be re-issued;
- “Delivery of the citizen’s identity card to the citizen’s address”: In case the citizen issues, changes or re-issues the citizen identity card, if he/she requests the delivery of the citizen identification card, write “yes” and fill it in full. full receiving address, contact phone number, if there is no request, write “no”;
- Section “Date….month……year……”: clearly state the date, month and year the citizen declares the declaration of grant, change or re-issue of the citizen’s identity card.
- The two-dimensional bar code section encodes all personal information of citizens and information for management on the online citizen identity declaration.
- Section “Appointment time”: Register the specific date the citizen goes to the citizen identification management agency to carry out the procedures for granting, changing and re-granting the citizen identification card; in the “At” section: Enter the name of the citizen identification management agency that the citizen registers to carry out the procedures for granting, changing and re-granting the citizen identification card.
- Section “Verification results”: in case the application file for issuance, replacement or re-issuance of a citizen identification card needs to be verified through the citizen identity archive, the application-receiving unit shall request the archives team. The citizen identity card of the Police Department for administrative management of social order compares and verifies with the original file and responds with the results to the requesting unit.
How long does it take to get a Citizenship Card?
According to Article 25 of the Law on Citizen Identification, the time limit for granting, changing or re-granting a citizen ID card from the date of receipt of a complete dossier is prescribed as follows:
In cities and towns, no more than 07 working days for new and changed cases; no more than 15 working days in case of re-issuance;
In mountainous, border and island districts, within 20 working days for all cases;
In the remaining regions no more than 15 working days for all cases.
Services of LSX
Prestigious professional services: Firstly, the team of consultants and consultants for many years in the field of civil status, and customer support.
On-time: Certainly, with the motto “Get your lawyer right at your fingertips”, we ensure the service always performs on time. The rights and interests of customers always come first.
Cost: Besides, LSX’s service costs are highly competitive; depending on the nature of the particular case. So, we want our guests to have the best possible service experience. Therefore, costs which guaranteed to be the most suitable and economical for customers.
Confidentiality of client information: Finally, all brand information of client LSX will be 100% confidential.
Please contact us immediately if you have any questions about “Citizen ID declaration form for Overseas Vietnamese”
Finally, hopefully the information in the article will provide helpful information for readers and help you solve the problem “Citizen ID declaration form for Overseas Vietnamese” At the same time, LSX Law firm always has leading lawyers and legal consultants who will help you in legal matters of life. If you have any need, please get in touch with us via hotline: +84846175333 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see more
- Dossier to make a citizen’s identity card for overseas Vietnamese
- Application for divorce from foreigners in Vietnam
- Time to make citizenship for overseas Vietnamese
Frequently asked questions
Citizen’s identity cards are valid for 15 years from the date of issue, change or re-issue. This period is indicated on the front of the ID card “Valid until”.
Overseas Vietnamese who do not have a household registration book in Vietnam can still be issued with a citizen identification card, however, they must have a document certifying that this person is a citizen of Vietnamese nationality.