In Vietnam, animal husbandry belongs to the group of industries accounting for a large proportion. Therefore, many foreign investors have the need to open businesses or contribute capital here. Farm animal husbandry business is a business line in the list of conditional business investment lines specified in Appendix IV of the Investment Law 2020. Together with LSX Lawfirm learn the provisions of the law on business conditions in article: “Conditions for livestock farm animal husbandry business in Vietnam”, as follows:
Law on investment 2020
Law on animal husbandry 2018
Decree No. 13/2020/ND-CP
What means of livestock farm animal husbandry?
“Animal husbandry” means a combined economic-technical branch including activities related to livestock breeds, animal feeds, livestock breeding and processing conditions and market of animal products.
Then, Breeding activity is raising of livestock for growth and reproduction purpose and other activities relating to livestock and animal products for food, animal traction or decoration purposes and other purpose of human.
And then “Livestock farm” means a form of intensive farming operated in a separated zone used for livestock production and farming. It also includes large-scale, medium-scale and small-scale farming.
Conditions for livestock farm animal husbandry business in Vietnam
For livestock farms in general
Accordingly, farm animal husbandry must satisfy the conditions specified in Clause 1, Article 55 of the Law on animal husbandry 2018 as follows:
- Firstly, The location of the farm is suitable to the socio-economic development strategy of the locality, region, and livestock development strategy; meet the requirements on livestock density as prescribed
- Secondly, have enough water source to ensure quality for livestock production and treatment of livestock waste
- Thirdly, take measures to protect the environment in accordance with the law on environmental protection
- Then, have stables and breeding equipment suitable for each type of animal
- Have records recording the process of livestock production, use of animal feed, veterinary drugs, vaccines and other information to ensure traceability; keep records for a minimum period of 01 year after the end of the breeding cycle.
- Finally, there is a safe distance from the farming area to the subjects affected by livestock production activities and from the source of pollution to the farming area.
Regulations on safe distance for livestock farms
- The minimum distance from a small-scale livestock farm to a concentrated area for treatment of domestic; industrial and residential waste is at least 100 meters; Schools, hospitals, markets are at least 150 meters away.
- The minimum distance from a medium-sized livestock farm to a concentrated area for treatment of domestic; industrial and residential waste is at least 200 meters; Schools, hospitals, markets are at least 300 meters away.
- The distance from the large-scale livestock farm to the concentrated waste treatment area of domestic; industrial and residential areas is at least 400 meters; School, hospital, market, domestic water supply for residential community is at least 500 meters.
- The distance between 02 livestock farms of 02 different subjects is at least 50 meters.
For large-scale livestock farms
Organizations and individuals raising large-scale farms must be granted a Certificate of eligibility for livestock production. Regulations on issuance of Certificate of eligibility for livestock production for large-scale farm animal husbandry are in Article 23 of Decree No. 13/2020/ND-CP.
Related article: TikTok, Youtube channels trademark registration service in Vietnam
Competent authority to issue:
- The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development shall issue the Certificate of eligibility for livestock production for large-scale farm animals in the locality
- In case the large-scale livestock production establishment is located in two or more provinces; the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development where the organization or individual has registered for investment procedures shall issue a Certificate of eligibility livestock conditions for large-scale farming.
The order and procedures for issuing the Certificate are as follows
- Organizations and individuals send dossiers to competent agencies, dossiers include:
- An application form for the Certificate of eligibility for livestock production for large-scale farm animals (made according to Form No. 01.DKCN Appendix I);
- An explanation of the breeding conditions (according to Form No. 02.DKCN Appendix I).
Within 05 working days from the date of receipt of complete and valid dossiers; the competent authority shall re-issue the Certificate of eligibility for livestock production for large-scale farm animals; In case of refusal, it must reply in writing and clearly state the reason.
Related questions about “Conditions for livestock farm animal husbandry business in Vietnam”
The scale of livestock and poultry production is regulated as follows:
Large-scale farming: From 300 livestock units or more
Breeding on medium-sized farms: From 30 to less than 300 livestock units
Small-scale farming: From 10 to less than 30 livestock units.
The livestock unit coefficient is specified as follows:
– The coefficient of livestock units used as a basis for converting the number of livestock into livestock units
– The livestock unit coefficient, the formula for converting the number of livestock to livestock units is specified in Appendix V of Decree 13/2020/ND-CP.
The scale of livestock and poultry raising is determined by the number of livestock units at the livestock establishment at the same time
The scale of raising other types of livestock is determined by the number of livestock at the livestock establishment at the same time
In case a mixed-breeding establishment includes cattle, poultry and other livestock, the livestock production scale includes the total number of livestock units of cattle and poultry and the quantity of each other type of livestock.
Contact LSX Lawfirm
Finally, hope this article is useful for you to answer the question about: “Conditions for livestock farm animal husbandry business in Vietnam”, please contact LSX Law firm : +84846175333 or Email: email@example.com