Currently, due to various reasons, many Vietnamese are living abroad. These people may still have ties to Vietnam, or no longer have any at all. However, when they return to Vietnam, they all want to apply for a citizen identification card to facilitate their purposes and work in the territory of Vietnam. In this article, LSX legal firm gives you: “Fee for making citizen identity card for overseas Vietnamese”
- Law on Vietnamese Nationality 2008
- Law on Citizen Identification 2014
- Circular 59/2019/TT-BTC
Vietnamese overseas as defined by the law
Overseas Vietnamese refers to Vietnamese people residing outside the territory of Vietnam. They may hold Vietnamese nationality, or the nationality of the host country, or both at the same time.
According to the Law on Vietnamese Nationality 2014:
- “Overseas Vietnamese” means Vietnamese citizens and persons of Vietnamese origin who permanently reside in foreign countries.
- “Persons of Vietnamese origin residing abroad” are Vietnamese people who used to have Vietnamese nationality which had been determined at the time of their birth on the consanguinity principle and their offspring and grandchildren are permanently residing in foreign countries.
Citizen Identification under Vietnamese law
According to Clause 1, Article 3 of the Law on Citizen Identification, citizen identification means basic information about the origin and identity of a citizen in accordance with this Law.
Information displayed on a citizen’s identity card:
- On the front side of a card: the national emblem of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam; the words “Cong hoa xa hoi chu nghia Viet Nam, Doc lap – Tu do – Hanh phuc” (The Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Independence – Freedom – Happiness); the words “Can cuoc cong dan” (Citizen identification); photo, citizen’s identity card number, family name, middle name, and first name, birth date, gender, nationality, native place, place of permanent residence; and expiry date.
- On the back side of a card: an encoded place for information storage; fingerprints, characteristics for identification of the cardholder; date of card issuance; family name, middle name, first name, title, and signature of the card issuer, and a seal bearing the national emblem of the card-issuing agency.
Subjects of the issuance of ID card
Vietnamese citizens aged 14 years or older are eligible for the issuance of citizen’s identity cards and citizen’s identity card numbers under Vietnamese law.
That means, Vietnamese citizens, i.e. people with Vietnamese nationality over the age of 14, entitled to the issuance of citizen identification cards.
Therefore, Vietnamese overseas who want to apply for a citizen identification card must have citizenship in Vietnam.
For those who have lost their nationality or have given up Vietnamese nationality when going abroad, they must apply for restoration of Vietnamese nationality if they wish to apply for the re-issue of their identity cards.
Cases where Vietnamese nationality restored
Article 23 of the Law on Vietnamese Nationality 2014 stipulates:
Article 23. Cases in which restoration of Vietnamese nationality is permittedA person who has lost his/her Vietnamese nationality as prescribed in Article 26 of this Law and applies for restoration of Vietnamese nationality may restore his/her Vietnamese nationality, if he/she falls into any of the following cases:
a/ Having applied for permission to return to Vietnam;
b/ His/her spouse, a natural parent, or a natural offspring is a Vietnamese citizen;
c/ Having made meritorious contributions to Vietnam’s national construction and defense;
d/ Being helpful to the State of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam;
e/ Conducting investment activities in Vietnam;
f/ Having renounced Vietnamese nationality for the acquisition of a foreign nationality but failing to obtain permission to acquire the foreign nationality.
Persons applying for restoration of Vietnamese nationality may not restore Vietnamese nationality, if such restoration is detrimental to Vietnam’s national interests.
A person who has been deprived of his/her Vietnamese nationality may only be considered for restoration of Vietnamese nationality for at least 5 years after the date he/she is deprived of Vietnamese nationality.
Persons applying for restoration of Vietnamese nationality shall use their previous Vietnamese names, which must be written in the decisions permitting the restoration of Vietnamese nationality.
Persons permitted to restore Vietnamese nationality shall renounce their foreign nationality, except for the following persons in special cases, if so permitted by the President, who:
a/ Are spouses, natural parents, or natural offsprings of Vietnamese citizens;
b/ Have made meritorious contributions to Vietnam’s national construction and defense;
c/ Are helpful to the State of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
The Government shall specify conditions for the restoration of Vietnamese nationality.
Validity of Citizen Identification in Vietnam
- A citizen’s identity card means a personal paper of a Vietnamese citizen that proves the citizen identification of the card holder for conducting transactions in the Vietnamese territory.
- Citizen’s identity cards shall be used instead of passports in case Vietnam and a foreign country have signed a treaty or international agreement permitting citizens of the signatories to use citizen’s identity cards instead of passports in each other’s territory
- Competent agencies, organizations, and individuals may request a citizen to produce his/her citizen’s identity cards for checking identification and information specified in Article 18 of the Law on Citizen Identification 2014; use personal identification numbers in citizen’s identity cards for checking information about the card holders in the national population database and specialized databases in accordance with the law.
When a citizen produces his/her citizen’s identity card at the request of a competent agency, organization, or individual, this agency, organization, or individual may not request the citizen to produce another paper to prove the information that mentioned above.
- The State shall protect the legitimate rights and interests of holders of citizens’ identity cards in accordance with the law.
Fee for making citizen identity card for overseas Vietnamese
According to Circular 59/2019/TT-BTC, citizens aged full 14 years old or above do not have to pay a fee for the first-time issuance of a citizen identity card.
In case of renewal and re-issuance, fees are prescribed as follows:
|STT||Kinds of Fee||Fee rates until the end of June 30, 2021||Fee rates from 1/7/2021|
|1||Change from 09-digit, 12-digit ID card to CCCD card||15.000||30.000|
|2||Change CCCD card when: Damaged and unusable; Change of last name, first name, middle name; Identification characteristics; Re-determination of gender, hometown; Having an error in the information on the card; When the citizen requests it.||25.000||50.000|
|3||Re-issue of ID card when lost; when restoring to Vietnamese nationality||35.000||70.000|
Legal service of LSX Legal Firm
LSX legal firm provides legal services to clients in various legal areas. To make your case convenient, LSX will perform:
- Legal advice related to new regulations;
- Representing in drafting and editing documents;
- We commit the papers to be valid, and legal for use in all cases;
- Represent to submit documents, receive results, and hand them over to customers.
With a team of experienced, reputable, and professional consultants; The firm is always ready to support and work with clients to solve legal difficulties.
Furthermore, using our service, you do not need to do the paperwork yourself; We guarantee to help you prepare documents effectively and legally.
Also, you will not have to waste time preparing the application, submitting application, or receiving results. At those stages, we will help you do it smoothly.
After all, LSX provides the service with the desire that customers can experience it the best way. Additionally, we guarantee the cost to be the most suitable and economical for customers.
The above content details information regarding “Fee for making citizen identity card for overseas Vietnamese”. LSX Legal Firm has provided effective legal guidance to businesses and individuals with reasonable prices as well as efficient outcomes in recent years. Following legal principles, we always update and keep our operations and services on track with the law. If you need any further information from the firm’s solicitors, please contact LSX Law firm: +84846175333 or Email: email@example.com
Regulations of Vietnam law in case of winning bid against regulations
In case the company’s head office address is located in an apartment building in Vietnam
Inheritance rights of stepchildren in case of dispute in Vietnam
Frequently asked questions
Firstly, have their personal and family secrets kept confidential in the national population database and the citizen identification database, except in cases subject to the provision of information and documents as prescribed by law;
Secondly, request citizen identification management agencies to update their information that is not yet available, or modify inaccurate information or information that has been changed, in the national population database and the citizen identification database or their citizen’s identity cards in accordance with law;
Thirdly, have their citizen’s identity cards granted, renewed, and re-granted in accordance with this Law;
Fourthly, use their citizen’s identity cards for transactions and exercise of citizens’ lawful rights and interests;
Lastly, lodge complaints or denunciations about or initiate lawsuits against violations of the law on citizen identification, the national population database, and the citizen identification database in accordance with law.
Firstly, comply with the Law;
Secondly, carry out the procedures for grant, renewal, and re-grant of citizen’s identity cards under the Law;
Thirdly, fully, accurately, and promptly provide their personal information and documents for update in the national population database and the citizen identification database;
Fourthly, produce their citizen’s identity cards for checking upon request of competent persons under the law;
Fifthly, preserve their granted citizen’s identity cards; promptly notify the citizen identification management agency of the loss of their cards;
Lastly, return their citizen’s identity cards to competent agencies in case of renewal, revocation, or temporary seizure of such cards.
Article 17. Exploitation, provision, exchange, and use of citizen identification data
1. Agencies, organizations, and individuals may, within the ambit of their tasks and powers, provide and exchange information and documents for/with the citizen identification database.
Access to the citizen identification database or study of dossiers and documents in the citizen identification archives must be approved by heads of citizen identification management agencies.