So, Applying for Vietnamese citizenship is the desire of many people. Also, many cases are foreigners who love the community and living environment. Because of this, LSX Law firm has a Service for applying for Vietnamese citizenship for you to easily achieve your wishes. Let’s find out in this article!
- Law on Nationality 2008
- Decree 78/2009/ND-CP
Procedures for applying for Vietnamese citizenship
So, There are different cases when it comes to applying for Vietnamese citizenship and becoming a Vietnamese citizen. They are provided in Article 14 of the Law on Nationality 2008:
Article 14. Bases for identification of a person with Vietnamese nationality
So, A person is determined to have Vietnamese nationality if there is one of the following grounds:
1. Born in accordance with the provisions of Articles 15, 16, and 17 of this Law;
2. To be naturalized in Vietnam;
3. To regain Vietnamese nationality;
4. According to the provisions of Articles 18, 35, and 37 of this Law;
5. According to international treaties to which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a signatory.
Firstly, Applying for Vietnamese citizenship is when a foreigner wishes to become a citizen of Vietnam and goes through the completion of legal procedures to acquire become Vietnamese.
To start the naturalization process, the citizen must meet the following requirements specified in Article 19 of the Law on Nationality 2008 as follows:
Article 19. Conditions for naturalization of Vietnam
1. Foreigner who has different nationalities or A stateless person who is permanently residing in Vietnam and has an application for naturalization in Vietnam must meet the following conditions:
a/ Having full civil act capacity as prescribed; of Vietnamese law;
b) Comply with the Constitution and laws of Vietnam; respect the traditions, customs, and practices of the Vietnamese nation;
c) Know enough Vietnamese to integrate into the Vietnamese community;
d) Have permanently resided in Vietnam for 5 years or more up to the time of applying for Vietnamese citizenship;
d) Capable of ensuring life in Vietnam.
2. An applicant for Vietnamese nationality may be naturalized in Vietnam without having to meet the conditions specified at Points c, d, and dd, Clause 1 of this Article if falling into one of the following cases:
a) Being the wife, husband, natural father, mother, or natural child of a Vietnamese citizen;
b) Having special merits for contributing to the cause of construction and defense of Vietnam;
c) It is beneficial to the State of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
3. Those who acquire Vietnamese nationality must renounce their foreign nationality, except for those specified in Clause 2 of this Article. in special cases, if so permitted by the President.
4. The person applying for Vietnamese nationality must have a Vietnamese name. This name is chosen by the applicant for naturalization in Vietnam and is clearly stated in the Decision for naturalization in Vietnam.
5. So, A person applying for Vietnamese nationality may not acquire Vietnamese nationality if it harms the national interests of Vietnam.
6. The Government shall specify the conditions for obtaining Vietnamese nationality.
After meeting the necessary conditions, the foreigner needs to compile a valid set of documents, including:
Firstly, an Application for Vietnamese citizenship;
Secondly, Copy of Birth Certificate, Passport, or another valid substitute document;
Thirdly, a Curriculum Vitae.
Fourthly, A judicial record card issued by a competent Vietnamese agency for the time the applicant for Vietnamese citizenship resides in Vietnam, a judicial record card issued by a competent foreign agency for the period the applicant for Vietnamese citizenship resides abroad. Also, Judicial record cards must be issued within 90 days from the date of filing;
Additionally, Documents proving the Vietnamese language proficiency of the applicant for naturalization in Vietnam is one of the following: a copy of the diploma of a graduate, university, college, professional secondary school, or high school, or Vietnam’s junior high school, copy of diploma or certificate of Vietnamese language proficiency issued by a Vietnamese language training institution in Vietnam.
Then, a copy of Permanent Resident Card;
Finally, Proof of life insurance in Vietnam.
Service for applying for Vietnamese citizenship
- Legal advice on the conditions for naturalization of Vietnam according to the client’s case;
- Provide appropriate legal solutions;
- Representative to carry out the procedures, receive and hand over the results;
- Complaints, work with competent authorities if trouble arises.
Finally, hope this article is useful for you to know more about: Service for applying for Vietnamese citizenship. If you need any further information, please contact LSX Law firm : +84846175333 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org