- Property intellectual law No. 07/VBHN-VPQH dated June 25, 2019
- Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN dated February 14, 2007
1. Minimum Registration Dossier For Industrial design
- First of all, 02 Declarations for registration which are according to form No. 03-KDCN Appendix A of Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN;
- Secondly, 01 copy of the industrial design description; [a description of the industrial design description must satisfy the general requirements specified at Points 33.5 of Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN. The copy must be contains the following contents:
+ Name of the industrial design;
+ Field in which the industrial design is used;
+ The most similar industrial design;
+ List of photos or drawings;
+ Detailed description of the industrial design;
+ Coverage of protection (or claim for protection) of the industrial design].
- Thirdly, 04 sets of photos or 04 sets of drawings of an industrial design.
- Lastly, Fee and charge receipts.
2. Other documents (if any)
- Power of attorney (in case through a representative);
- Paper on the assignment of the right to file an application (if any);
- Documents certifying the lawful right of registration (in case the applicant enjoys the right to file from another person);
- Documents evidencing the right of priority (if the patent application has a claim for priority right).
3. General requirements for industrial design registration dossier
- Initially, each application can request a grant of one protection title which is of a type suitable to the industrial design stated in the application;
- Secondly, all documents of the application must be in Vietnamese. For documents that are in another language must be translated into Vietnamese, according to the Points 7.3 and 7.4 of Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN ;
- Additionally, all documents of the application must be presented in the portrait format on A4 paper sheets (210 mm x 297 mm), of which the top, bottom, left and right margins are all 20 mm, in Times New Roman font;
- Besides, for documents that must follow to pre-designed forms;
- Plus, a document consisting of many pages must have page numbers in Arabic;
- Next, all documents must be typewritten or printed with a non-fading ink, clear and clean, and no erasures and modifications.
- Furthermore, terms in the application must be common ones (other than dialects, rare words, coined words). Symbols, units of measurement, electronic fonts, and spelling rules in the application must conform to Vietnam standards;
- Lastly, the application may be accompanied by carriers of electronic data of part or the entire content of documents.
Contact LSX law firm
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hopefully, this article is useful for you to answer basically the questions about Intellectual Property in Vietnam. Finally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.