- Property intellectual law No. 07/VBHN-VPQH dated June 25, 2019
- Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN dated February 14, 2007
1. Minimum Registration Dossier For Patent/Utility solution
– First of all, 02 Declaration for registration which according to form No. 01-SC Appendix A of Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN;
– Secondly, 02 descriptions of the patent or utility solution. Specifically, a description of the patent/utility solution must satisfy the general requirements specified at Points 23.6 of Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN and must adequately and clearly demonstrate the following:
+ Title of the patent/ utility solution;
+ Use field of the patent/ utility solution;
+ Technical state of the use field of the patent/ utility solution;
+ Technical nature of the patent/ utility solution;
+ Brief description of accompanying drawings (if any);
+ Detailed description of patent/ utility solution realization variations;
+ Examples of patent/utility solution; realization;
+ Benefits (effects) expected to be achieved;
+ 02 invention protection coverage;
– Lastly, Fee and charge receipts.
2. Other documents (if any)
– 02 copies of a patent/ utility solution abstract with no more than 150 words on an A4 paper sheet. A patent/ utility solution abstract is not required at the time of filing the application and can be added later.
– Power of attorney (in case through a representative);
– Paper on the assignment of the right to file an application (if any);
– Documents certifying the lawful right of registration (in case the applicant enjoys the right to file from another person);
– Documents evidencing the right of priority (if the patent application has a claim for priority right).
3. General requirements for patent/utility solution registration dossier
- Initially, each application can request a grant of one protection title which is of a type suitable to the patent/ utility solution stated in the application;
- Secondly, all documents of the application must be in Vietnamese. Documents that are in another language must be translated into Vietnamese, according to the Points 7.3 and 7.4 of Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN ;
- Additionally, all documents of the application must follow the principles: in the portrait format on A4 paper sheets (210 mm x 297 mm), of which the top, bottom, left and right margins are all 20 mm, in Times New Roman font;
- Besides, for documents that must follow to pre-designed forms;
- Plus, a document consisting of many pages must have page numbers in Arabic;
- Next, all documents must be typewritten or printed with non-fading ink, clear and clean, and no erasures and modifications.
- Furthermore, terms in the application must be common ones (other than dialects, rare words, coined words). Symbols, units of measurement, electronic fonts, and spelling rules in the application must conform to Vietnam standards;
- Lastly, the application may attach carriers of electronic data of part or the entire content of documents.
Contact LSX law firm
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hopefully, this article is useful for you to answer basically the questions about Intellectual Property in Vietnam. Finally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.