- Property intellectual law No. 07/VBHN-VPQH dated June 25, 2019
- Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN dated February 14, 2007
1. Minimum Registration Dossier
- Initially, 02 Declaration for registration which are according to form No. 04-NH Appendix A of Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN
- Next, In addition to the mark specimen attached to the written declaration, the application must have 05 enclosed identical mark specimens.
- Plus, fee and charge receipts.
- For an application for registration of a collective mark or certification mark, in addition to the documents specified above, the application must also contain the following documents:
– Firstly, regulations on the use of collective marks and certification marks;
– Secondly, explanation of particular characteristics and quality of the product bearing the mark ;
– Thirdly, Map showing the indicated territory. (if the to-be-registered mark is a mark for certification of the geographical origin of a product);
– Finally, document of the People’s Committee of a province or city directly under the Central Government permitting the use of geographical names or signs indicating the geographical origin of local specialties to register a trademark. (if the registered mark is a collective mark certification mark contains place names or signs indicating the geographical origin of local specialties).
2. Other documents (if any)
– Power of attorney (in the case through a representative);
– Documents certifying the permission to use special signs;
– Paper on an assignment of the right to file an application (if any);
– Documents certifying the lawful right of registration (in case the applicant enjoys the right to file from another person);
– Documents evidencing the right of priority (if the patent application has a claim for priority right).
3. General requirements for trademark registration dossier
- First of all, each application can request a grant of one protection title which is of a type suitable to the trademark stated in the application;
- Secondly, All documents of the application must be in Vietnamese. For documents that are in another language must be translated into Vietnamese, according to the Points 7.3 and 7.4 of Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN ;
- Additionally, all documents of the application must be presented in the portrait format on A4 paper sheets (210 mm x 297 mm), of which the top, bottom, left and right margins are all 20 mm, in Times New Roman font;
- Besides, for documents that must follow to pre-designed forms;
- Plus, a document consisting of many pages must have page numbers in Arabic;
- Next, all documents must be typewritten or printed with a non-fading ink, clear and clean, and no erasures and modifications.
- Furthermore, terms in the application must be common ones (other than dialects, rare words, coined words). Symbols, units of measurement, electronic fonts, and spelling rules in the application must conform to Vietnam standards;
- Lastly, the application may be accompanied by carriers of electronic data of part or the entire content of documents.
Contact LSX law firm
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hopefully, this article is useful for you to answer basically the questions about Intellectual Property in Vietnam. Finally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.