- Property intellectual law No. 07/VBHN-VPQH dated June 25, 2019
- Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN dated February 14, 2007
Fees and charges for geographical indication registration
– Initially, Official charges for filing application: VND 150,000/ 01 application;
– Next, Fee for publication of application: VND 120,000/ 01 application;
– Besides, Fee for the geographical indication search for the substantive assessment process: VND 180,000/ 01 group of goods or services;
– Lastly, Fee for formality examination: VND 1,200,000/ 01 group of goods or services;
Time limit for processing geographical indication registration applications
From the date of receiving the registration application, IPVN shall assess the geographical indication registration application in the following order:
– A geographical indication registration application shall have formality assessment within 01 month from the filing date;
– Publication of geographical indication registration applications: within 02 months after the validity date;
– A geographical indication registration application shall be substantively assessed within 06 months from the date of application publication.
Methods of filing geographical indication registration application
The applicant may choose paper filing or online filing through the IPVN’s online public service portal, specifically as follows:
a) Paper filing
The applicant may submit an application for a geographical indication directly or via postal service to one of the IPVN’s application receiving places, specifically as follows:
- Firstly, Head Office of IPVN, address 386 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi city.
- Secondly, Representative Office of IPVN in Ho Chi Minh City, address: 7th Floor, Ha Phan Building, 17/19 Ton That Tung, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city.
- Thirdly, Representative Office of IPVN in Da Nang City, address: 3rd floor, 135 Minh Mang, Khue My ward, Ngu Hanh Son district, Da Nang city.
In case of filing an application for a trademark by post, The applicant must transfer the application charges/ fees by postal service.
(Note: If the fee or charge is transferred to one of IPVN’s application-receiving places, the applicant must send the dossier to the corresponding application-receiving point).
b) Online filing
- Conditions for online filing: Applicants need to have a digital certificate, a digital signature and a registed account which is approved by the IPVNon the Online Application Receiving System.
- Online application process:
+ The applicantneeds to complete the steps of filing a trademark application form on the IPVN’s Online Application Receiving System. After that, IPVN will send a confirmation of online submission to the applicant.
+ The applicant needs to present the confirmation of the online submission to one of the IPVN’s office attached documents (if any) and pay fees/ charges within 01 month from the date of online submission.
+ If all documents and fees/ charges mentioned above are fully, an IPVN’s officer will issue the application number in the Online Application Receipt System.
+ If one of the documents and fees/ charges is not fully, IPVN will deny the application.
+ Especially, if the applicant fails to complete the application procedure, IPVN will cancel the online application procedure.
Contact LSX law firm
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hopefully, this article is useful for you to answer basically the questions about Intellectual Property in Vietnam. Finally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.