- Property intellectual law No. 07/VBHN-VPQH dated June 25, 2019
- Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN dated February 14, 2007
Fees and charges for industrial design registration
- First of all, Official charges for filing application: VND 150,000/ 01 application;
- Secondly, Fee for classification service VND 100,000/ 01 classification.
- Thirdly, Fee for examination: VND 700,000/ 01 object;
- Next, Fee for publication of application: VND 120,000/ 01 application;
- Additionally, Fee for publication application from the 2nd image onwards VND 60,000/ 01 image;
- Plus, Fee for the industrial design search for the examination process: VND 480,000/ 01 object;
- Lastly, Fee for examination of requesting priority (if any): VND 600,000/ 01 priority application;
The written declaration must state the criteria for the classification of the industrial design in accordance with the International Industrial Design Classification (under the Locarno Agreement).
Accordingly, if the applicant fails to inaccurately classify the industrial design, the IPVN shall carry out the classification. As a result, the applicant shall pay a fee, specifically, VND 100,000/ 01 classification.
Time limit for processing industrial design registration applications
From the date of receiving the registration application, IPVN shall assess the industrial design registration application in the following order:
– An industrial design registration application shall have a formality assessment within 01 month from the filing date;
– Publication of industrial design registration applications: within 02 months from the validity date;
– An industrial property registration application shall be substantively assessed within 07 months from the date of application publication.
Methods of filing industrial design registration application
The applicant may choose paper filing or online filing through the IPVN’s online public service portal, specifically as follows:
a) Paper filing
The applicant may submit an application for an industrial design directly or via postal service to one of the IPVN’s application receiving places, specifically as follows:
- Firstly, Head Office of IPVN, address 386 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi city.
- Secondly, Representative Office of IPVN in Ho Chi Minh City, address: 7th Floor, Ha Phan Building, 17/19 Ton That Tung, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city.
- Thirdly, Representative Office of IPVN in Da Nang City, address: 3rd floor, 135 Minh Mang, Khue My ward, Ngu Hanh Son district, Da Nang city.
In case of filing an application for a trademark by post, The applicant must transfer the application charges/ fees by postal service.
(Note: If the fee or charge is transferred to one of IPVN’s application-receiving places, the applicant must send the dossier to the corresponding application-receiving point).
b) Online filing
- Conditions for online filing: Applicants need to have a digital certificate, a digital signature and a registed account which is approved by the IPVNon the Online Application Receiving System.
- Online application process:
+ The applicantneeds to complete the steps of filing a trademark application form on the IPVN’s Online Application Receiving System. After that, a confirmation of online submission will be sent to the applicant.
+ The applicant needs to present the confirmation of the online submission to one of the IPVN’s office attached documents (if any) and pay fees/ charges within 01 month from the date of online submission.
+ If all documents and fees/ charges mentioned above are fully, an IPVN’s officer will issue the application number in the Online Application Receipt System.
+ If one of the documents and fees/ charges is not fully, the application will be denied.
+ Especially, if the applicant fails to complete the prescribed application procedure, the online application procedure will cancel.
Contact LSX law firm
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hopefully, this article is useful for you to answer basically the questions about Intellectual Property in Vietnam. Finally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.