- Property intellectual law No. 07/VBHN-VPQH dated June 25, 2019
- Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN dated February 14, 2007
1. Fees and charges for trademark registration
- First of all, official charges for filing application: VND 150,000/ 01 application;
- Secondly, fee for publication of application: VND 120,000/ 01 application;
- Thirdly, fee for the trademark search for the substantive examination process: VND 180,000/ 01group of goods or services;
- Additionally, fee for the trademark search from the 7th good or service onwards: VND 30,000/ 01 good or service;
- Besides, fee for formality examination: VND 550,000/ 01 group of goods or services;
- Lastly, fee for formality examination from the 7th good or service onwards: VND 120,000/ 01 good or service.
2. Time limit for processing trademark registration applications
From the date on which the registration application is received by the IPVN, the registration application of a trademark shall be examined in the following order:
– Initially, a trademark registration application shall have formality examination within 01 month from the filing date.
– Plus, publication of trademark registration applications: within 02 months after it is accepted as a valid application;
– Especially, substantive examination: no more than 09 months from the date of application publication.
3. Methods of filling Trademark registration application
The applicant may choose paper filing or online filing through the IPVN’s online public service portal, specifically as follows:
a) Paper filing
The applicant may submit an application for a trademark directly or via postal service to one of the IPVN’s application receiving places, specifically as follows:
Firstly, Head Office of IPVN, address 386 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi city.
Secondly, Representative Office of IPVN in Ho Chi Minh City, address: 7th Floor, Ha Phan Building, 17/19 Ton That Tung, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city.
Thirdly, Representative Office of IPVN in Da Nang City, address: 3rd floor, 135 Minh Mang, Khue My ward, Ngu Hanh Son district, Da Nang city.
In case of filing an application for a trademark by post, The applicant must transfer the application charges/ fees by postal service.
b) Online filing
- Conditions for online filing: Applicants need to have a digital certificate, a digital signature and a registed account which is approved by the IPVNon the Online Application Receiving System.
- Online application process:
+ The applicantneeds to complete the steps of filing a trademark application form on the IPVN’s Online Application Receiving System. After that, a confirmation of online submission will be sent to the applicant.
+ The applicant needs to present the confirmation of the online submission to one of the IPVN’s office attached documents (if any) and pay fees/ charges within 01 month from the date of online submission.
+ If all documents and fees/ charges mentioned above are fully, an IPVN’s officer will issue the application number in the Online Application Receipt System.
+ If one of the documents and fees/ charges is not fully, the application will be denied.
+ Especially, if the applicant fails to complete the prescribed application procedure, the online application procedure will cancel.
Contact LSX law firm
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hopefully, this article is useful for you to answer basically the questions about Intellectual Property in Vietnam. Finally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.