Vietnam law has regulations on commendation and handling of violationsof cadres and civil servants. Let’s find out this issue with Lawyer X through the following situation: “Dear Lawyer! I want to ask what are regulations on commendation of cadres and civil servants in Vietnam? What are forms of disciplining cadres? What are other provisions concerning disciplined cadres and civil servants? Thanks for answering me!”
- 2008 Vietnam Law on Cadres and Civil Servants
Commendation of cadres and civil servants
– Cadres and civil servants with outstanding public duty performance may be commended in accordance with the law on emulation and commendation.
– Cadres and civil servants who are commended for excellent achievements or merits are entitled to salary raise ahead of time and priority appointment to higher posts if so needed by agencies, organizations or units.
The Government shall specify this Clause.
Relief of cadres and civil servants from responsibility
Cadres and civil servants are relieved from responsibility in the following cases:
– Having to implement illegal decisions of superiors after reporting to decision issuers;
– In force majeure circumstances as prescribed by law.
Forms of disciplining cadres
– Cadres who violate Vietnam Law on Cadres and Civil servants and other relevant laws are. depending on the nature and seriousness of violation, subject to one of the following disciplinary forms:
+ Removal from office.
– Demotion is applicable only to cadres approved to hold posts according to term of office.
– Cadres who commit a criminal offense, are convicted by a court and their sentences or rulings have taken effect will be automatically disallowed to continue their elected, approved or appointed posts; if they are subjected to an imprisonment sentence which is not suspended, they will be automatically sacked.
– The application of disciplinary forms to. and the competence, order and procedures for disciplining cadres comply with legal provisions, the statutes of the Communist Party of Vietnam and socio-political organizations, and documents of competent agencies and organizations.
Forms of disciplining civil servants
– Civil servants who violate Vietnam Law on Cadres and Civil servants or other relevant laws are, depending on the nature and seriousness of violation, subject to one of the following disciplinary forms:
cl Salary reduction;
+ Removal from office:
– Demotion and removal from office are applicable only to civil servants holding leading or managerial posts.
– Civil servants who arc subject to an imprisonment sentence which is not suspended will be automatically sacked on the date their sentences or rulings take effect: leading or managerial civil servants who are convicted by a court and their sentences or rulings have taken effect will automatically be removed from their appointed posts.
– The Government shall stipulate the application of disciplinary forms, and the order, procedures and competence to discipline civil servants.
Statute of limitations and lime limits for disciplining
– The statute of limitations for disciplining is a time limit prescribed by Vietnam Law on Cadres and Civil servants at the end of which a cadre or civil servant who has committed a violation will not be disciplined.
The statute of limitations for disciplining is 24 months, counting from the date of committing a violation.
– The time limit for disciplining a cadre or civil servant is a period from the time of delecting a cadre or civil servant’s breach of discipline to the time of issuance by a competent agency or organization of disciplining decision.
The time limit for disciplining is 2 months; if a case involves complicated circumstances which need further verification, this time limit may be prolonged but must not exceed 4 months.
– For an individual against whom a criminal case was instituted or who was prosecuted or decided to be brought to trial according to criminal procedures but then his/her investigation or trial is terminated under a decision, if his/her act of violation shows signs of breach of discipline, h+she shall be disciplined within 3 days after the date the investigation or trial termination decision is issued. The decision issuer shall send the decision and the case file to the competent agency, organization or unit for disciplining.
Suspension of cadres and civil servants from working
– While considering disciplining a cadre or civil servant, the agency, organization or unit managing him/her may issue a decision to suspend his/her work if il deems that his/her continued work may cause difficulties to the handling of his/her violation. The time limit for such suspension is 15 days and may be extended in special cases but not for another 15 days. If a cadre or civil servant is seized or detained to serve investigation, prosecution or trial activities, the period of seizure or detention is regarded as a time of justified leave; past this time limit if the cadre or civil servant faces no discipline, h+she may resume his/her work.
– During the time of work suspension or seizure or detention to serve investigation, prosecution or trial activities, a cadre or civil servant may still receive salaries under the (iovernment’s regulations.
Other provisions concerning disciplined cadres and civil servants
– For cadres or civil servants who are reprimanded or cautioned, their salary raise period will be prolonged for 6 months from the date their disciplining decisions take effect; if being demoted or removed from office, their salary raise period will be prolonged for 12 months from the date their disciplining decisions take effect.
– For cadres or civil servants who are disciplined in the form of reprimand to removal from office, they are not entitled to rank promotion, planning, training and appointment for 12 months from the effective dale ol theii disciplining decisions; past this time limit, if they commit no violations subject to discipline, they are again entitled to rank promotion, planning, training and appointment according to law.
– Cadres and civil servants who are being examined for disciplining, investigated, prosecuted or tried may not stand as candidates, be nominated, appointed, transferred, rotated, seconded, trained or retrained, sit rank promotion examinations, retire or give up their jobs.
– Cadres and civil servants who are removed from office due to corruption may not be appointed to leading or managerial posts.
Please see more:
- Instructions for exclusive registration of company logos in Vietnam
- Service of changing the legal representative of Vietnamese enterprises
Services of Lawyer X
Prestigious professional services: Firstly, the team of consultants and consultants for many years in the field of civil status, and customer support.
On-time: Certainly, with the motto “Get your lawyer right at your fingertips”, we ensure the service always performs on time. The rights and interests of customers always come first.
Cost: Besides, Lawyer X’s service costs are highly competitive; depending on the nature of the particular case. So, we want our guests to have the best possible service experience. Therefore, costs which guaranteed to be the most suitable and economical for customers.
Confidentiality of client information: Finally, all personal information of clients Lawyer X will be 100% confidential.
Frequently asked questions
The commendation and disciplining of cadres and civil servants shall be filed in their records.
Cadres and civil servants who are commended for excellent achievements or merits are entitled to salary raise ahead of time and priority appointment to higher posts if so needed by agencies, organizations or units.
Cadres and civil servants are relieved from responsibility in the following cases: Having to implement illegal decisions of superiors after reporting to decision issuers; In force majeure circumstances as prescribed by law.