- Property intellectual law No. 07/VBHN-VPQH dated June 25, 2019
- Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN dated February 14, 2007
1. Purpose of industrial design information search
– First of all, Avoid infringing upon IP rights of other subjects’ protected industrial designs;
– Secondly, Assess the protection ability of the industrial design;
– Thirdly, Objecting to the granting of diplomas to industrial designs that do not meet the standards of protection, even after they have been granted;
– Fourthly, Avoid unnecessary costs for researching known technical solutions;
– Next, Identify and evaluate technology for purchasing, licensing, and transferring technology;
– Besides, Identify alternative technologies;
– Additionally, Capture available solutions to technical problems;
– Plus, Searching for ideas for further technological innovation;
– Further, Search for business partners;
– Next, Monitoring the activities of current and potential competitors in the future;
– In addition, Finding the right market;
– Lastly, Select valid industrial designs to sign contracts for purchase and sale of rights to use, transfer technology and know-how;
2. Tool to search industrial design information
– Firstly, Searching databases on the internet;
– Secondly, Classification Tables (IPC, Locarno, Niz, Vienna)
– Thirdly, Keyword lookup table;
– Fourthly, Optical discs are used for lookup;
– Fifthly, The Industrial Property Official Gazette;
– Lastly, National Register;
3. Some useful websites to search industrial design information
3.1 – iplib.ipvietnam.gov.vn
These are the websites of the digital library on the industrial property of Vietnam; On this website, news users can find information about industrial design registration applications that have been published/granted protection titles in Vietnam.
3.2 – WIPO global design database
This is the website to look up industrial design information of WIPO. On this website, users can look up information on more than 2 million industrial design applications, of which there are more than 80,000 applications filed under the Hague Agreement.
3.3 – DSView
This is a website to look up industrial design information provided by EUIPO. At this search tool, users can search about 10 million documents on industrial designs, collected by EUIPO from more than 60 countries/organizations around the world, including member states of the European Union and applications filed through WIPO under the Hague Agreement.
Contact LSX law firm
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hopefully, this article is useful for you to answer basically the questions about Intellectual Property in Vietnam. Finally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.