- Law on Entry, Exit, Transit, and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam No. 47/2014/QH13 dated June 16, 2014
- Circular regulations on specimen papers concerning foreigners entering, leaving and residing in Vietnam No 04/2015/TT-BCA dated January 05, 2015
- Circular No. 04/2015/TT-BCA, dated January 5, 2015 of the Ministry of Public Security stipulating the form of documents related to the entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam;
- Circular No. 31/2015/TT-BCA dated July 6, 2015 of the Ministry of Public Security guiding some contents of visa issuance, temporary residence card, entry and exit permit, settlement of permanent residence for foreign nationals. foreigners in Vietnam.
1. Definitions of permanent and temporary residence cards
A temporary residence card Is a document issued by the Immigration Department to foreigners living and working in Vietnam for a definite time.
On the other hand, a permanent residence card is a document issued by the Immigration Department to foreigners living and working in Vietnam indefinitely.
2. Considered Cases of permanent and temporary residence cards
In fact, a Temporary residence card is granted for:
- Initially, foreigners with work permits;
- Besides, foreigners visiting relatives (with Vietnamese parents and spouses);
- Plus, investors, shareholders contributing capital in companies in Vietnam
- Additionally, foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam
Conversely, a permanent residence card is valid for:
- Firstly, foreigners with meritorious contributions to the cause of construction and defense of the Vietnamese Fatherland;
- Secondly, foreigners who are scientists and experts temporarily residing in Vietnam;
- In addition, foreigners sponsored by parents, spouses, and children who are Vietnamese citizens who are permanently residing in Vietnam;
- Finally, stateless people who have temporarily resided in Vietnam from 2000 or earlier.
3. Considered conditions of permanent and temporary residence cards
In terms of a Temporary residence card:
- First of all, passport of foreigners must be valid for at least 13 months;
- Furthermore, foreigners must carry out procedures for temporary residence registration at the police station of the commune, ward or place of temporary residence registration
In terms of a permanent residence card:
- Initially, foreigners who have a legal place of residence and have a stable income to ensure their life in Vietnam
The foreigner must be requested by the Minister, the Head of the ministerial-level agency or the government-attached agency in charge of the state management of his or her field of expertise.
- Besides, foreigners who have temporarily resided in Vietnam for 3 years or more
4. Procedures of permanent and temporary residence cards
With a Temporary residence card:
- First of all, copy of passport or a valid document in lieu of a valid passport as prescribed by law;
- Secondly, a written request for a work permit for a foreigner in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs;
- Thirdly, application letter to recruit foreign workers;
- Besides, health certificate or health certificate issued by foreign or Vietnamese is valid for 12 months;
- Additionally, a criminal record card or a document certifying that you are not a criminal or prosecuted for criminal liability;
- Plus, copy of business license;
- Finally, documents proving that you are a manager, executive director, expert or technical worker.
With a Temporary residence card:
- Firstly, application for permanent residence
- Besides, foreign criminal record
- In addtionally, a note of the foreign representative mission requesting settlement for that citizen for permanent residence
- Plus, copy of passport (certified)
- Furthermore, proof of eligibility to be considered for permanent residence
- Last but not least, guarantee letter for foreigners
Contact LSX law firm
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hopefully, this article is useful for you to answer the questions about the Vietnam permanent Residence Card for foreigners. Finally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.