Let learn the most basic and fundamental issues of trademark protection with LSX
- Property intellectual law No. 07/VBHN-VPQH dated June 25, 2019
- Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN dated February 14, 2007
Definition of trademark in Vietnam
- Legally, trademark means any sign used to distinguish goods or services of different organizations or individuals.
- Specifically, signs eligible for being registered as trademarks must be visible ones in the form of letters, numerals, words, pictures, images, including three-dimensional images or their combinations, presented in one or several given colors.
Subjects of Trademark protection in Vietnam
Generally, Subjects that can conduct trademark registration include:
- Vietnamese individuals, organizations and businesses;
- Foreign individuals and organizations.
Normally, Vietnamese subjects can register a trademark directly at the National Office of Intellectual Property (NOIP) or through an Intellectual Property Representative.
On the other hand, foreign subjects that wish to register trademarks in Vietnam must apply for trademark registration through Intellectual Property representation companies.
The Benefits of registering foreign trademark protection in Vietnam
Actually, protection against competition is crucial. Specifically, unauthorized parties who use a business’ trademark without authorization can damage the brand and reputation; however, thanks to trademark protection, unauthorized parties are often in a legally weak position and can be prevented from causing damage easily.
Furthermore, by registering a trademark, businesses are effectively building a barrier to entry around the brand, making it harder for other businesses to imitate.
Contact LSX law firm
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hopefully, this article is useful for you to answer basically the questions about trademark protection in Vietnam. Finally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.