No matter who you are, in which country, if you want to stay in Vietnam for a long time, in years, you must have a temporary residence card. So what’s benefits of foreigners’ temporary residence card in Vietnam?. In this article, let’s find out with LSX Lawfirm the benefits and obligations foreigners need to comply with when having a temporary residence card in hand.
Law on entry, exit, transit and residence
What are the rights and obligations when owning a foreigner’s temporary residence card in Vietnam?
Benefits of the card holder
Foreigners who have temporary residence cards may sponsor their grandfathers; grandmothers; fathers, mothers, wives, husbands and children to visit Vietnam;
After getting a lawful temporary residence card, a foreigner has the right to sponsor his or her spouse and children under 18 years of age to stay in Vietnam while the temporary residence card is still valid or guarantee by an agency or organization
Besides, holders of temporary residence cards are exempted from visas upon entry or exit; during the validity period of their temporary residence cards.
Obligations of the cardholder
Respect the cultural traditions, customs and practices of the Vietnamese people. Live and work according to the laws of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
Working in Vietnam must be consistent with the purpose in the entry registation.
Must carry passports or valid international travel documents, papers related to residence and travel in Vietnam; responsible for making a full presentation to the competent authorities upon request.
How long is the validity of a foreigner’s temporary residence card?
Accordingly Article 38 of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam; the duration of a temporary as follows:
- Firstly, the issued temporary residence card is valid for at least 30 days shorter than the remaining validity of the passport.
- Secondly, temporary residence cards with symbols NG3, LV1, LV2, DT and DH are valid for no more than 5 years.
- Thirdly, temporary residence cards with symbols NN1, NN2, TT are valid for no more than 03 years.
- Fourthly, temporary residence cards with symbols LD and PV1 are valid for no more than 2 years.
- Lastly, expired temporary residence card will be considered for a new card.
How is the procedure for making a temporary residence card for foreigners in Vietnam?
Step 1: Prepare documents according to the provisions of law.
Step 2: Submit your application
- Firstly, agencies, organizations and individuals shall submit their dossiers at the Immigration Department or the Immigration Department of the Public Security Departments of the provinces or centrally run cities.
- Secondly, the officer receiving the application shall check the legality and content of the application.
If it is complete and valid, then receive the application, print and hand over the receipt, and schedule a date to return the results. If the dossier is not valid, the dossier-receiving officer shall guide the applicant to supplement the dossier.
Step 3: Get the result
The person who comes to receive the results gives the receipt; identity card or passport to the officer who returns the test results; compares and is given a temporary residence card.
Finally, hope this article about Benefits of foreigners’ temporary residence card in Vietnam is helpful for you!
It means; a decision of competent person of Vietnam to suspend a foreigner residing in Vietnam from leaving Vietnam for a certain period of time.
Temporary residence permit means a certification by a Vietnamese authority of the period over which the foreigner may temporarily reside in Vietnam.
In the contrary; temporary residence card is a document issued by an immigration authority or a competent authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to a foreigner; who is permitted to reside in Vietnam for a certain period of time. This card has the same validity as a visa.