Dossier for marriage registration under Vietnamese law can be quite complicated, in case you are not familiar with the law. Therefore, on today’s topic, LSX will show you every document that you might need for marriage registration.
- Law on Marriage and Family
- Decree 123/2015/ND-CP
A dossier of marriage registration between Vietnamese under Vietnamese law
Hence the provisions of Article 10 of Decree 123/2015/ND-CP, when registering a marriage, both men and women need to prepare the following documents:
- Marriage registration form
- Certificate of marital status issued by the commune-level People’s Committee of the place of residence
- The court’s divorce decision or judgment has legal effect
- ID card, passport, CCCD card or other document with photo
After preparing for the required document for marriage registration, then you can summit it at the competent department. Thus, in Vietnam, you could summit your dossier at Justice Department
A dossier of marriage registration involving a foreign element
On the other hand, in the case of foreign marriage, document for marriage registration under Vietnamese Law may include:
- The marriage registration declaration
- Affidavit of Single Status
- Certificate of No-marriage Records
- Certificate of Good Mental Health
- Photocopy of the photo and signature pages of the Passport (certified that it is true and exact copy from the original)
- Copy of household registration book or temporary residence book, permanent residence card or temporary residence card or temporary residence certificate
Although these two dossier both use for marriage registration. However, please make sure which one fits your situation.
Thus marriage registration is a legal procedure, the basis for the law to protect the rights and obligations of each person.
spouses shall submit a dossier of marriage registration documents directly at the Justice Department; in which the marriage is registered in Vietnam.
How long does the marriage registration process take?
Normally, it will take around 10 to 15 days.