Hence the provision of law, if foreigners wish to reside in Vietnam, they shall prepare the dossier for permanent residence registration for foreigners; then carry out the required procedure. So, what is the dossier for permanent residence registration for foreigners in Vietnam? Let’s find out in this article!
- 2014 Law onn Entry, Exit and Transit
- Circular 31/2015/TT-BCA
- Circular 219/2016/TT-BTC
Conditions for permanent residence registration for foreigners
Hence the regulation in 2014 Law on Entry, Exit, and Transit, one must fulfill the following conditions; in order to register for permanent residence:
- Foreigners who are scientists or experts temporarily residing in Vietnam, requested by ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies or government-attached agencies in charge of state management of their professional fields.
- Foreigners, guaranteed by their father, mother, wife, husband and children who are Vietnamese citizens who are permanently residing in Vietnam otherwise have temporarily resided in Vietnam for 3 consecutive years or more.
- Stateless people who have resided continuously in Vietnam since 2000 or earlier.
- Foreigners who have temporarily resided in Vietnam for 3 consecutive years or more.
Dossier for permanent residence registration for foreigners
Thus, as in Article 41.1, 2014 Law on Entry, Exit, and Transit; a dossier for permanent residence registration for foreigners shall contain the following documents:
- Application for permanent residence;
- Judicial record issued by the competent authority of the country of which the person is a citizen;
- A note of the representative mission of the country of which the person is a citizen, requesting that Vietnam settle for such person’s permanent residence;
- Certified copy of passport;
- Papers proving eligibility to be considered for permanent residence
- Letter of guarantee for foreigners
Time limit for settlement
Basically, within 04 months from the date of receipt of a complete dossier; the Minister of Public Security shall consider and decide to grant permanent residence. In case it is necessary to carry out additional verification, the extension may be extended but must not exceed 02 months.
Thank you for paying attention to our article on “Dossier for permanent residence registration for foreigners in Vietnam”. Hope that this article will help you solve your problem. In case you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.
Within 03 months after receiving the notice of settlement for permanent residence, the foreigner must go to the immigration management agency of the police station of the province or centrally run city where he/she applies for permanent residence to receive the card.
– Submit application at the Immigration Department: Applicants for permanent residence following Clauses 1 and 2, Article 39 of the Law on Entry, Exit and Transit 2014.
– Submit the application at the Immigration Department of the Police Department of the province otherwise centrally-run city where the applicant for permanent residence. The applicant for permanent residence shall comply with the provisions of Clauses 3 and 4, Article 39 of the Law on Entry, Exit, and Transit 2014.
Basically, the applicant could only prepare one dossier as mentioned and another one in advance