Accordingly, a permanent residence card is a document that allows foreigners to reside indefinitely in Vietnam; which needs to fulfill some requirements following the law. Yet, in some cases, the cardholders may lose the resident cards and call for an exchange. So, what should one do for exchanging permanent resident cards for foreigners in Vietnam? Let’s find out with LSX!
- 2014 Law on Entry, Exit and Transit
- Circular 31/2015/TT-BCA
- Circular 04/2015/TT-BCA
Conditions for exchanging permanent residence registration for foreigners
Hence the regulation in 2014 Law on Entry, Exit, and Transit, one must fulfill the following conditions; in order to register for permanent residence:
- Foreigners who are scientists or experts temporarily residing in Vietnam, requested by ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies or government-attached agencies in charge of state management of their professional fields.
- Foreigners, guaranteed by their father, mother, wife, husband and children who are Vietnamese citizens who are permanently residing in Vietnam and have temporarily resided in Vietnam for 3 consecutive years or more.
- Stateless people who have resided continuously in Vietnam since 2000 or earlier.
- Foreigners who have temporarily resided in Vietnam for 3 consecutive years or more.
Dossier for exchanging permanent resident cards for foreigners
Thus, the applicant shall prepare a dossier that contains the following documents:
- The application form for renewal or re-issuance of the permanent residence card
- Permanent residence card
- Certified copy of passport, except for stateless persons
Procedure for exchanging permanent resident cards for foreigners
Step 1: Submit the dossier
Firstly, the applicant must prepare a dossier for exchanging permanent resident cards and submit it at the Immigration Department of Public Security of provinces and centrally-run cities.
Step 2: Examine the dossier
Secondly, Immigration managers receive documents to check the legality and content of the documents:
- In case of validate aplication, a receipt shall be written to the applicant.
- In case the application is missing or invalid, the receiving officer will guide the person who comes to submit the application to redo it in a timely manner.
Every 10 years, a permanent resident must submit a dossier at the Immigration Department, Police Department of the province, or city directly under the Central Government to apply for a card replacement.
Step 3: Receive the result
Lastly, within 3 months after receiving the notice of settlement for permanent residence; the foreigner must go to the immigration management agency of the police station of the province otherwise the centrally-run city where he/she applies for permanent residence to receive a permanent residence card:
- The recipient gives the receipt, the money receipt for comparison. The officer returns the test results and asks to sign and receive and return the permanent residence card to the person who comes to receive the results.
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hope that this article about trademarks will help you solve your problem. In case you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.
Within 03 months after receiving the notice of settlement for permanent residence, the foreigner must go to the immigration management agency of the police station of the province or centrally run city where he/she applies for permanent residence to receive the card.
Accordingly to Vietnamese law, a stateless person is a foreigner; so if a stateless person meets the conditions for permanent residence in Vietnam, he or she will fall into one of the cases that are considered for permanent residence at Viet Nam.
Following the regulations, it does not cost the applicant any issuing fees for the re-issuance of the permanent resident card.