How to apply for a visa for foreigners entering Vietnam as an internship? What procedures to apply for a visa for foreigners entering Vietnam as an internship in a short time? Let us answer these questions with LSX Law firm with the following situation:
I want to apply for a visa for a Canadian student to come to Vietnam for an internship for 3 months. Therefore, i wonder if I will have to apply for her and the procedures to apply for this kind of visa.
Law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam 2014
Conditions for granting visas for foreigners entering Vietnam as an internship
Article 10 of the Law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam in 2014. Accordingly, the conditions for visa issuance are as follows:
Firstly, have a passport or valid international travel document.
Secondly, there are agencies, organizations, and individuals in Vietnam to invite or guarantee, except for the case specified in Clause 3, Article 17 of this Law.
Moreover, not falling into the cases where entry is not allowed specified in Article 21 of this Law.
In the following cases, when applying for a visa, documents proving the purpose of entry include:
a) Foreigners to invest must have papers proving their investment in Vietnam under the provisions of the Law on Investment;
b) Foreigners who practice law in Vietnam must have a license to practice law under the Law on Lawyers;
c) Foreigners who come to work must have a work permit under the provisions of the Labor Code;
d) Foreigners entering to study must have a written acceptance from the Vietnamese school or educational institution.”
Thus, if your friend has a passport or a valid international travel document; and is not in the cases that have not allowed to enter Vietnam; he will apply for a visa at the Vietnamese Embassy in the US in the application form. Documents need to be received in writing from the Vietnamese school or educational institution.
Because your friend entered Vietnam to become an intern, the granted visa will have the symbol DH, valid for no more than 12 months.
Terms not allowing for foreigners entering Vietnam as an internship
Besides, you can refer to the regulations on cases in which entry to Vietnam is not allowed, specified in Article 21 of the Law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam in 2014:
“Article 21. Cases that have not been allowed to enter the country
1. Failing to meet the conditions specified in Clause 1, Article 20 of this Law.
2. Children under 14 years old are not accompanied by a parent, guardian, or authorized person.
3. Forging papers, making false declarations in order to have valid papers on entry, exit and residence.
4. Persons suffering from mental illnesses or infectious diseases that pose a danger to public health.
5. Expelled from Vietnam for less than 3 years from the effective date of the decision on expulsion.
6. Forced exit from Vietnam within 06 months from the effective date of the decision on forced exit.
7. For reasons of disease prevention and control.
8. Due to a natural disaster.
9. For reasons of national defense, security, social order, and safety.”
Finally, hope this article is helpful for you!
As can be seen, a work permit is an official certificate issued by the Department of Labor, War Invalids, and Society, allowing its holders to work in Vietnam legally. Undoubtedly, this is the highest legal basis to ensure legal conditions for foreigners to work legally in Vietnam.
For a foreigner to be able to work in Vietnam, it is necessary to meet the conditions specified in Clause 1, Article 159 of the Labor Code