- Property intellectual law No. 07/VBHN-VPQH dated June 25, 2019
- Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN dated February 14, 2007
Before the IPVN issues decisions on the rejection of an application, decisions on refusal to grant a protection title or decisions on the grant of a protection title, an applicant may divide, on own initiative or upon the request of the IPVN. A divisional application must bear a new serial number and is entitled to the filing date or date(s) of priority (if any).
A request for application division
(i) First of all, 02 Declaration for registration which is according to form No. 01-SC Appendix A of Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN, in the declaration forms of a division application, the serial numbers of parent applications (original application) and date of filing of the parent application must be specified;
(ii) Secondly, 02 descriptions of the patent or utility solution;
(iii) Additionally, Documents request in writing, a proposal for patent or utility solution application;
(iv) Plus, Power of attorney (in case a representative);
(v) Lastly, Parent applications shall follow further to normal procedures. Then, applicants shall pay an amendment fee (VND 160,000).
– The time limit for processing a divisional application: Divisional applications are subject to formality examination and shall be further processed according to the procedures not yet completed for their parent applications.
Methods of filing division application
The applicant may choose paper filing or online filing through the IPVN’s online public service portal, specifically as follows:
(i) Paper division filing
The applicant may submit an application for a patent/utility solution directly or via postal service to one of the IPVN’s applications receiving places, specifically as follows:
- Firstly, Head Office of IPVN. Address: 386 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi city.
- Secondly, Representative Office of IPVN in Ho Chi Minh City. Address: 7th Floor, Ha Phan Building, 17/19 Ton That Tung, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city.
- Thirdly, Representative Office of IPVN in Da Nang City. Address: 3rd floor, 135 Minh Mang, Khue My ward, Ngu Hanh Son district, Da Nang city.
In case of filing an application for a patent/utility solution by post, The applicant must transfer the application charges/ fees by postal service.
(ii) Online division filing
- Conditions for online division filing: Applicants need to have a digital certificate, a digital signature and a registed account on the IPVNon the Online Application Receiving System.
- Online application process:
+ The applicant needs to complete the steps of filing transfer application form on the IPVN’s Online Application Receiving System. After that, a confirmation of online submission will be sent to the applicant.
+ The applicant needs to present the confirmation of the online submission to one of the IPVN’s office attached documents (if any). In addition, the applicant pay fees/ charges within 01 month from the date of online submission.
+ If all documents and fees/ charges mentioned above are fully, an IPVN’s officer will issue the application number in the Online Application Receipt System.
+ If one of the documents and fees/ charges is not fully, the application will be denied.
+ Especially, if the applicant fails to complete the prescribed application procedure, the online application procedure will cancel.
Contact LSX law firm
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hopefully, this article is useful for you to answer basically the questions about Intellectual Property in Vietnam. Finally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.