When individuals and organizations wish to register for a trademark, they could carry out the procedure online. Yet, the issue may be confusing to those who are not familiar with the IP law. Therefore, in this article, LSX will give a brief on the procedure for online trademarks protection registration in Vietnam.
- 2005 Intellectual Property Law
Definition of trademarks
Accordingly, trademarks are signs to distinguish goods, services of different organizations, individuals. In fact, signs used as trademarks must be visible signs in the form of letters, words, images, drawings, or a combination of such elements represented by one or more colors.
Conditions for the protection of trademarks
Hence the regulations of Intellectual Property Law, trademarks need to meet the following conditions:
- A visible sign in the form of letters, words, drawings, images, including holograms or a combination of such elements, represented by one or more colors
- Having the ability to distinguish goods and services of the mark owner from those of other subjects.
Dossier for protection of trademarks
Basically, a dossier for the protection of foreign trademarks will contain the following documents:
- 02 Registration form
- 05 samples of the same mark (except for the sample of the mark affixed on the declaration)
- Power of attorney
- Documents proving the right to register, if the Company enjoys that right from someone else
- Documents proving the right of priority, if there is a request for priority rightB
- Copy of fee and fee payment voucher (in case of payment of fees and charges via postal service or directly into the account of the National Office of Intellectual Property)
Procedure for trademarks protection registration
Firstly, access the portal: http://dichvucong.bvhttdl.gov.vn/ and create a registered account. Then, log in to the system with your registered account.
Secondly, enter trademark application information in the required fields. The applicant attaches the documents by pressing the “Attach” button and then uploading the attachment to the system.
Thirdly, the applicant can digitally sign the application and submit it to the NOIP and pay the trademark registration fee (in cash or by bank transfer).
Above is the procedure for online trademarks protection registration in Vietnam. Thank you for paying attention to our article In case you have any questions, please contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.
Yes, they can. In case, foreign individuals do not permanently reside in Vietnam, foreign organizations and individuals do not have production and business establishments in Vietnam, must submit registration dossiers through their legal representatives is an industrial property representative organization) in Vietnam.
Normally, it will take 02-03 months from the date of payment of the fee for granting the Trademark Registration Certificate.
The protection of trademarks will last for 10 years and can be renewable.