Accordingly, health insurance is one of the social security policies in Vietnam. Especially, paying health insurance for foreigners is an important issue for many businesses when the use of foreign workers is increasingly popular. So, what are the procedures for buying compulsory health insurance for foreigners? Let’s find out with LSX!
- Law on Health Insurance 2008 (amended and supplemented 2014)
- Decision 595/QD-BHXH
- Decree 146/2018/ND-CP
What is health insurance?
Hence the provision of law, health insurance is a form of compulsory insurance applying to the subjects specified in this Law for health care, not for profit, organized by the State. Thus, health insurance (HI) is a type of insurance in the field of community health care. Accordingly, the purchase of health insurance will be partially covered; otherwise the entire cost of the examination, treatment, health rehabilitation… in case an accident or illness occurs.
Can foreigners participate in health insurance?
The current health insurance law stipulates the following subjects:
This law applies to domestic organizations and individuals and foreign organizations and individuals in Vietnam related to health insurance.
Therefore, the law does not distinguish between Vietnamese and foreign workers. In fact, foreigners have the right to participate in voluntary health insurance; or compulsory health insurance.
However, to participate in health insurance, foreigners need to meet the following conditions:
- Foreign workers with indefinite-term labor contracts; and 3 months or more.
- Foreigners who study abroad and study in Vietnam with national scholarships
Dossier for buying compulsory health insurance
A set of documents to buy compulsory health insurance includes the following documents:
- List of participants in health insurance according to the prescribed form.
- Declaration of participation in health insurance for employees.
Procedures for buying compulsory health insurance
Step 1: Prepare the dossier
Firstly, the applicant shall prepare a dossier for buying compulsory health insurance as mentioned above.
Step 2: Submit the dossier
After completing the application, the foreigner submits the application to the employer where the foreigner works and fully pays the prescribed fee.
Thank you for paying attention to our article on “Procedures for buying compulsory health insurance for foreigners”. Hope that this article will help you solve your problem. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.
In the following cases, foreigners will be able to change their health insurance cards:
– Torn, broken or damaged.
– Change of place of initial medical examination and treatment registration.
– The information in the card is incorrect.
If a foreigner has paid health insurance premiums and receives medical examination and treatment at the right level at hospitals and medical examination and treatment establishments as prescribed. The health insurance premium for foreigners is 80% of medical examination and treatment costs.
For out-of-network medical examination and treatment, the health insurance benefits for foreigners who have paid health insurance premiums are as follows:
1. 40% of medical examination and treatment costs at central hospitals.
2. 60% of medical examination and treatment costs at provincial hospitals.
3. 100% of medical examination and treatment costs at district hospitals.