How to get a temporary residence card for foreigners in Vietnam? Let figure out procedures for granting Vietnam temporary residence card with LSX.
- Law on foreigner’s entry into, exit from, transit through, and residence in Vietnam (Law No. 47/2014/QH13, dated June 16, 2014).
- Circular No. 04/2015/TT-BCA, dated January 5, 2015 of the Ministry of Public Security, providing for forms related to entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam
- Circular No. 219/2016/TT-BTC dated 10/11/2016 of the Ministry of Finance regulating collection, payment, management and use of fees and charges in the fields of exit, entry, transit and residence in Vietnam.
Required dossiers for Applying for Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
In terms of granting a new temporary residence card:
Initially, 01 completed form for the temporary residence card (form NA6 for agencies, organizations, NA7 for individuals)); declaration about foreigners applying for the temporary residence card (form N7B)
Additionally, 02 photos (with 2×3 cm size) (01 photo glued to the information form, 01 separate photo)
Besides, 01 copy of passport including visa page (bring the original passport for comparison)
Furthermore, 01 copy or duplicate of legal documents such as business registration, investment certificate, seal registration certificate, working permit,…
Especially, for the case of bringing the relatives, applicants must provide some documents including birth certificate, marriage certificate,…
In terms of changing the temporary residence card:
- Documents for changing is the same as the new granted procedure and you need to submit the old temporary residence card
In terms of losing the residence card:
- If you lose your residence card, you have to inform to issuing office as soon as possible. In this case, you have to submit the required document like granting a new card and including a completed loss application form.
- Additionally, the valid new residence card is equivalent to the old card.
Procedures for granting Vietnam temporary residence card
Preparing a dossier in accordance with the law.
Submitting the dossier:
1. Agencies, organizations, and individuals shall submit the dossier at the offices of the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Public Security:
- 44-46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh, Hanoi.
- 333-335-337 Nguyen Trai Str., District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
2. Officers receiving the dossier shall check the legality and contents of the dossier:
- Initially, if the dossier is appropriately completed, officers shall receive it, print, and hand over a receipt with the date of receiving results.
- In contrast, if the dossier is not appropriately completed, officers shall guide the applicant to supplement the dossier.
- From Monday to Saturday morning (except for New Year’s days, public holidays, and Sundays).
Receiving the result:
- Initially, the person who comes to receive the result shall present the receipt, the identity card or passport to the officers handing over the result for examination. Then, if a temporary residence card is issued, the officers will ask that person to pay fees, sign for receipt, and hand over the temporary residence card (informing that person of the result in case the temporary residence card is not issued)
- Working time: from Monday to Friday (except for New Year’s days, public holidays, and Saturdays, Sundays).
The validity of a Vietnam temporary residence card
According to Article 38, Law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners 2014 stipulates:
The validity duration of a temporary residence card granted to a foreigner is at least 30 days shorter than the remaining validity duration of the passport of its holder.
Normally, the temporary residence card takes the validity from 1 year to 5 years
Additionally, the validity of the residence card is less than the validity of the passport
Besides, Those who are holding a passport with validity under 1 year, don’t be allowed to grant a temporary residence card
Finally, those whose temporary residence cards expired may be considered for grant of a new card
Contact LSX law firm
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hopefully, this article is useful for you to answer the questions about the Vietnam Temporary Residence Card for foreigners. Finally, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.