Accordingly, foreigners are the bearers of papers identifying foreign nationality and stateless persons entering, exiting, transiting, or residing in Vietnam. So, what are the procedures for permanent residence registration for foreigners in Vietnam? Let’s find out with LSX in this article!
- 2014 Law on Entry, Exit and Transit
- Circular 31/2015/TT-BCA
- Circular 219/2016/TT-BTC
Conditions for permanent residence registration for foreigners
Hence the regulation in 2014 Law on Entry, Exit, and Transit, one must fulfill the following conditions; in order to register for permanent residence:
- Foreigners who are scientists or experts temporarily residing in Vietnam, requested by ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies or government-attached agencies in charge of state management of their professional fields.
- Foreigners, guaranteed by their father, mother, wife, husband and children who are Vietnamese citizens who are permanently residing in Vietnam and have temporarily resided in Vietnam for 3 consecutive years or more.
- Stateless people who have resided continuously in Vietnam since 2000 or earlier.
- Foreigners who have temporarily resided in Vietnam for 3 consecutive years or more.
Dossier for permanent residence registration for foreigners
Thus, a dossier for permanent residence registration for foreigners shall contain the following documents:
- Application for permanent residence;
- Judicial record issued by the competent authority of the country of which the person is a citizen;
- A note of the representative mission of the country of which the person is a citizen, requesting that Vietnam settle for such person’s permanent residence;
- Certified copy of passport;
- Papers proving eligibility to be considered for permanent residence
- Letter of guarantee for foreigners
Procedures for permanent residence registration for foreigners
Step 1: Submit the dossier
Firstly, the applicant shall prepare the above dossier for permanent residence registration for foreigners; and submit it at the Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security.
Then, the immigration officers receive documents to check the legality and content of the application:
- In case of valid application, the office shall write a reciept to the applicant.
- In case of invalidation, the dossier-receiving officer will not receive, guide and explain to the foreigner applying for permanent residence to supplement.
Step 2: Examine the dossier
Secondly, the Immigration Department shall notify in writing the decision of the Minister of Public Security on the foreigner’s application for permanent residence.
In case accepted, within 05 working days from the date of receiving the notice of the immigration management agency, the police department of the province; otherwise the city directly under the central government where the foreigner applies for permanent residence shall notify the foreigner being processed for permanent residence.
Step 3: Receive the result
Lastly, within 3 months after receiving the notice of settlement for permanent residence; the foreigner must go to the immigration management agency of the police station of the province otherwise the centrally run city where he/she applies for permanent residence to receive a permanent residence card:
- The recipient gives the receipt, the money receipt for comparison. The officer returns the test results and asks to sign and receive and return the permanent residence card to the person who comes to receive the results.
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hope that this article about trademarks will help you solve your problem. In case you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.
Within 03 months after receiving the notice of settlement for permanent residence, the foreigner must go to the immigration management agency of the police station of the province or centrally run city where he/she applies for permanent residence to receive the card.
Accordingly to Vietnamese law, a stateless person is a foreigner; so if a stateless person meets the conditions for permanent residence in Vietnam, he or she will fall into one of the cases that are considered for permanent residence at Viet Nam.