Accordingly, any foreigners that wish to temporarily reside in Vietnam shall apply for a temporary resident card. Thus, in many cases, the cardholder may lose their card. So, what are the procedures for the re-issuance of temporary residence cards for foreigners? Let’s find out with LSX!
- 2014 Law on Entry, Exit and Transit
- Circular 31/2015/TT-BCA
- Circular 04/2015/TT-BCA
Conditions for temporary resident registration for foreigners
Hence the provision of the law, any foreigners that wish to register for temporary residence in Vietnam must fulfill the following requirements:
- Foreigners who are members of diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations of the United Nations, intergovernmental organizations in Vietnam and their spouses, children under 18 years of age, help along with the term;
- Foreigners enter by visa with symbols LV1, LV2, LS, DT1, DT2, DT3, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LD1, LD2, TT;
- In case of re-issuing the temporary residence cards, foreigners can only get an exchange due to lost, damage or change of content.
Dossier for the re-issuance of temporary resident cards for foreigners
Thus, the applicant shall prepare a dossier that contains the following documents:
- Application form for replacement or re-issuance of permanent residence card (form NA13).
- Permanent residence card, in case the card is lost, there must be a loss report.
- Certified copy of passport.
- Papers evidencing the change in the card.
Procedures for the re-issuance of temporary resident cards for foreigners
Step 1: Submit the dossier
Firstly, the applicant must prepare a dossier for the re-issuance of temporary resident cards and submit it at the Immigration Department of Public Security of provinces and centrally-run cities.
Step 2: Examine the dossier
Secondly, Immigration managers receive documents to check the legality and content of the documents:
- In case of validate aplication, a receipt shall be written to the applicant.
- In case the application is missing or invalid, the receiving officer will guide the person who comes to submit the application to redo it in a timely manner.
Step 3: Receive the result
Lastly, within 20 days after receiving the notice of settlement for permanent residence; the foreigner must go to the immigration management agency of the police station of the province otherwise the centrally-run city where he/she applies for temporary residence to receive a temporary resident card.
Thank you for paying attention to our article on the procedures for the re-issuance of temporary residence cards for foreigners. Hope that this article will help you solve your problem. In case you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.
– The duration of the temporary residence card issued is at least 30 days shorter than the remaining validity of the passport;
– Temporary residence card with symbol DT1 is valid for not more than 10 years;
– Temporary residence cards with symbols NG3, LV1, LV2, LS, DT2, and DH are valid for not more than 5 years;
– With symbols NN1, NN2, DT3, TT are valid for no more than 03 years;
– Temporary residence cards with symbols LD1, LD2, and PV1 are valid for no more than 02 years;
Accordingly, it costs 100 USD/card.
The immigration authority or competent authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be responsible for the issuance of temporary residence cards.