Can foreigners register vehicles? Procedures for vehicle registration for foreigners in Vietnam. Which foreign individuals and organizations can register their vehicle in Vietnam? Let us learn about this topic with LSX Law firm below:
Which foreign individuals and organizations can register their vehicle in Vietnam?
Regulations on registration of car ownership in Vietnam are governed by Circular 58/2020/TT-BCA stipulating the process of granting and revoking registration and license plates of road motor vehicles.
Accordingly, Article 9 stipulates the conditions for foreign individuals to register to own cars in Vietnam:
Firstly, Foreigners working in diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations;
Secondly, Foreigners working, living in Vietnam, present Passport (still valid) or other valid papers instead of Passport; Permanent residence card, Temporary residence card for one year or more and work permit in accordance with regulations
Besides, For organizations with foreign elements, the following cases are allowed to register cars in Vietnam:
Diplomatic missions, consular offices;
Or Representative offices of international organizations in Vietnam;
Joint venture enterprises or enterprises with 100% foreign capital;
Also Representative Offices of Foreign Enterprises;
Foreign enterprises winning bids in Vietnam;
Finally Non-governmental organizations.
How is the vehicle reg Procedures for vehicle registration for foreigners in Vietnam
The vehicle registration dossier includes the following documents:
First, Vehicle registration certificate: According to the form No. 02 issued together with this Circular, the vehicle owner is responsible for fully declaring information and signing, stating full name and stamp (if it is an agency or organization). ).
Secondly, Vehicle owner’s papers: Provide as prescribed in Clauses 3.4, Article 9 as prescribed above. In addition, the person authorized to register the vehicle must present his/her identity card; submit a power of attorney certified by the People’s Committee of the commune, ward or township or certified by the agency or unit.
Finally, Vehicle documents: The registrant must provide the vehicle ownership transfer document, vehicle registration fee document and other documents as prescribed in Circular 50/2020/TT-BCA
Where is the vehicle registration file filed in Vietnam?
The vehicle registration authority is competent to receive and process automobile registration dossiers of foreign individuals and organizations specified at Point a, Clause 2, Article 3 of Circular 50/2020/TT-BCA.
“Article 3. Vehicle registration authority…
2. Traffic Police Division, Road and Railway Traffic Police Division, Police Departments of provinces and centrally run cities (hereinafter referred to as Traffic Police Department) shall register and issue license plates of the following types of vehicles. here (except for vehicles of agencies, organizations and individuals specified in Clause 1 of this Article):
Specifically, Cars, tractors, trailers, semi-trailers; motorcycles with a cylinder capacity of 175cm3 or more or vehicles subject to confiscation decisions of competent state agencies and vehicles with similar structure to the above-mentioned vehicles of domestic agencies, organizations and individuals and foreign countries, including military vehicles for economic purposes having their headquarters or residence in the locality….”
Time limit for vehicle registration in Vietnam
Accordingly, the provisions of Article 4, the time limit for granting a new vehicle registration certificate; The application for vehicle title transfer shall not exceed 2 working days from the date of receipt of a complete and valid registration dossier.
Finally, hope this article is helpful for you!
Article 4 of Circular No. 50/2020/TT-BCA stipulates:
1. First-time issuance, license plate change: Immediately after receiving valid vehicle registration documents.
2. Issuance of temporary vehicle registration certificates and temporary license plates: During the day.
3. First grant, renewal of vehicle registration certificate, certificate of revocation of vehicle registration and license plate: No more than 2 working days from the date of receipt of complete and valid documents.
4. Re-issuance of lost or damaged license plates: No more than 7 working days from the date of receipt of complete and valid dossiers.
5. Re-issuance of lost vehicle registration certificates: No more than 30 days from the date of receipt of complete and valid dossiers.
What are the valid conditions for civil transactions?
Article 117 of the 2015 Civil Code provides:
1. A civil transaction takes effect when the following conditions are fully satisfied:
a) The subject has civil legal capacity and civil act capacity suitable to the established civil transactions;
b) Entities participating in civil transactions completely voluntarily;
c) The purpose and content of the civil transaction do not violate the prohibition of the law and do not violate social ethics.
2. The form of a civil transaction is an effective condition of a civil transaction, in case it is provided for by law.