Traveling to Vietnam during the Covid-19 period is currently the choice of many tourists. According to surveys, Vietnam is one of the most worthy destinations for tourists to visit. Vietnam’s tourism industry in recent years has grown strongly in the number of international tourists. However, from 2020 when the Covid-19 pandemic broke out, all travel-related activities were restricted. For more information about visa issuance to Vietnam during Covid and what to pay attention to when traveling to Vietnam during the Covid-19? Let’s find out in this article with LSX Law firm.
How to apply for a visa to Vietnam in Covid-19?
In order to travel to Vietnam, you need to apply for a Visa first. A tourist visa is one of the types of visas in Vietnam. Visas issued to foreign visitors to Vietnam for the purpose of tourism are valid for 3 months.
Immigration letter for traveling to Vietnam
First of all, you need to have an entry letter to Vietnam issued by the immigration agency. Or guaranteed by an immigration management agency through an agency, organization, or individual.
So to get this official letter you can go to:
- Immigration Management
- Guaranteed by Agencies, organizations, or individuals
Visa application for traveling to Vietnam
Documents to apply for a tourist visa to Vietnam include:
- The Foreigner’s passport that have least 06 months until expiration
- Documents proving the tourist is on a tour.
- Visa application form
- Flight ticket to Vietnam
Steps to complete the procedure
Step 1: Apply for an entry letter
For this, you need to contact an international travel agency in Vietnam.
This agency when receiving your request will proceed to receive the necessary information. After that, the company will directly apply for a letter for you.
After applying for a visa to enter Vietnam, the company will contact you.
Step 2: You prepare documents Application
Foreign tourists will prepare:
- Fill in the forms “for a Vietnam visa”, with a 3×4 photo
- The original passport
- The entry letter has been issued. Apply at step 1
Step 3: Complete the procedure
At this stage you will proceed to pay the visa application fee.
The place to pay can be one of the following locations:
- Embassy/Consulate Vietnam
- International Airport
- At land border gate
The place to pay the fee will be decided by foreigners at step 1 when applying for an entry visa.
When will Vietnam open to foreign tourists traveling in the year of Covid-19?
Traveling to Vietnam during the Covid-19 epidemic is complicated. Foreigners need to know if they can enter Vietnam to travel at this stage.
According to the latest information, Vietnam tourism is very hopeful that it can initially reopen to international visitors from July 2021.
As determined, in this period Vietnam will be divided into two types of markets. It is the source of the near market and the far market.
- Nearby markets include China, Korea, Taiwan, Japan and ASEAN countries.
- If the market is far away, Vietnam will consider how the epidemic situation is in the host country where tourists are. Whether the country has the disease under control or not. The proposal will reopen the market to distant countries in October 2021.
What to pay attention to when traveling to Vietnam during the Covid-19?
When traveling to Vietnam during Covid-19, what to pay attention to?
- The agency that handles the procedure for you is: Immigration Department. Or the Immigration Department of the province/city directly under the Central Government.
- Waiting time to receive visa: 05 working days (except for some special cases).
- When coming to do the procedures, bring all documents you’ve prepared.
Once granted a tourist visa to Vietnam, visitors should note the following information:
Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to contract and spread COVID-19. The type of drug to be injected must be An FDA-approved vaccine. Or vaccines approved by the World Health Organization for emergency use can travel safely.
- Travelers who are fully vaccinated do not need to self-isolate.
- Fully vaccinated travelers should still follow CDC recommendations for safe travel including:
- Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth
- Keep 6 feet apart from others and avoid crowded places
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer
Frequently Asked Questions
How to apply for a tourist visa to traveling to Vietnam in Covid-19?
A set of documents to apply for a tourist visa to Vietnam requires:
– Foreigner’s passport with at least 06 months until the expiration date
– Proof of being in a tour
– Tourist visa application form
— Flight ticket to Vietnam
Where to submit the application?
Once you have completed the application, you can submit it at one of the following locations:
– Vietnam International Airport
– At the land border gate
The Vietnam entry letter issued by which agency?
The official letter of entry to Vietnam must be submitted to one of the following agencies:
– Immigration management agency
– Guarantee agency, organization or individual