Who is eligible for a grant of Vietnam temporary residence cards?

by ThanhMai

Currently, the number of foreign workers in Vietnam has increased significantly, which improves Vietnam’s economy and attracts foreign investors to Vietnam. However, according to Vietnamese Law, people who want to stay and work in Vietnam must apply for the Vietnam temporary residence cards for foreigners. Let’s explore this issue with LSX in this article.

  • Law on Entry, Exit, Transit, and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam No. 47/2014/QH13 dated June 16, 2014
  • Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam No. 51/2019/QH14 dated November 25, 2019

I. Subjects to be Granted Vietnam Temporary Residence Cards

Pursuant to the provisions of Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam No. 51/2019/QH14, the following subjects can apply for the Vietnam Temporary Residence cards:

Initially, foreigners are members of diplomatic missions; consular offices; representative offices of international organizations affiliated to the United Nations or intergovernmental organizations in Vietnam; their spouses; under-18 children; and housemaids who live with them during their terms of office. (NG3)

Additionally, foreigners who hold LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ, or TT visas may be granted temporary residence cards with the same symbols

II. The conditions for granting Vietnam temporary residence cards to foreigners

Foreigners in the above-mentioned group must ensure the following conditions for granting a temporary residence card in Vietnam:

First of all, foreigners must have a passport with a minimum shelf life of 13 months.

Besides, foreigners have to carry out procedures for temporary residence registration at the commune and ward police under regulations.

Contact LSX law firm

Thank you for paying attention to our article.  Hopefully, this article is useful for you to answer the questions about the Vietnam Temporary Residence Card for foreigners. Finally, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.

Rate this post

You may also like

Leave a Comment