Procedures for marriage registration with foreigners. Application for marriage registration with foreigners. Authority to carry out procedures for marriage registration with foreigners. Let us learn about this topic with LSX law firm as follow:
Application for marriage registration with foreigners
Article 30 of Decree 123/2015/ND-CP stipulates that a marriage registration dossier; according to the provisions of Clause 1, Article 38 of the Law on Civil Status 2014 as follows:
– Firstly, marriage registration statement;
– Secondly, papers proving the marital status of a foreigner are papers issued by a foreign competent authority; that is still valid for use, certifying that the person currently has no wife or husband;
Suppose a foreign country does not issue a certificate of marital status. In that case, you shall replace it with a document issued by a foreign competent authority certifying; that the person is eligible for marriage under the laws of that country.
If the document proving the marital status does not have an expiry date; this document and the certification of a medical organization as prescribed in Clause 1; Article 38 of the Law on Civil Status 2014 are only valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
– In addition, copy of passport or valid document instead of passport (international travel document or residence card).
– Besides, ff the marrying party is a Vietnamese citizen who has divorced or annulled the marriage at a foreign competent authority,; a copy of the civil status extract is also required to record the divorce or marriage annulment;
– Also. if he is a civil servant, public employee, or serving in the armed forces; they must submit a document from the agency or unit in charge of management certifying that their marriage to a foreigner is not contrary to the regulations of that branch.
Authority to carry out procedures for marriage registration with foreigners
Where to register marriage with foreigners under Vietnam’s Law? Article 37 of the Law on Civil Status 2014 stipulates that the authority to perform marriage registration between Vietnamese citizens; and foreigners belongs to the People’s Committee of the district where the Vietnamese citizen resides.
In case a foreigner residing in Vietnam requests to register their marriage in Vietnam; the district-level People’s Committee where either party resides shall record the wedding.
Procedure for registration of marriage with foreigners
The procedure of marriage registration to foreigners in Vietnam. The order of marriage registration shall comply with the provisions of Clauses 2; 3, and 4, Article 38 of the Law on Civil Status 2014, and Article 31 of Decree 123/2015/ND-CP:
– Firstly, within 10 working days from the date of receipt of complete and valid dossiers; the Justice Department shall conduct research, verify the dossiers and verify if necessary. The Head of the Justice Division is responsible for the examination results and the Justice Department’s proposal in handling the marriage registration dossier.
– In case the application is valid, the parties are eligible to get married under the provisions of the Law on Marriage and Family 2014; and is not in the case of refusal to register for marriage; the Justice Division shall report to the President of the district-level People’s Committee to sign 02 originals of the marriage certificate.
Fee for registration of marriage with foreigners
- Firstly, Hanoi City: Resolution 20/2016/NQ-HDND amended and supplemented by Resolution 09/2018/NQ-HDND; promulgated by the Hanoi People’s Council, the marriage registration fee at the district-level People’s Committee is 1 million VND/work.
- Secondly, Ho Chi Minh City: The fee for marriage registration under the authority of the district People’s Committee is 1 million VND/case, according to Resolution 124/2016/NQ-HDND issued by the People’s Council of Ho Chi Minh City.
Finally, hope this article about Procedures for marriage registration with foreigners is helpful for you!
In case you have any questions about Consultancy service on marriage procedures, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333 or email: email@example.com.
You must full 18 years old, then you can get married in Vietnam with Vietnamese.
Accordingly, the provisions of Circular 85/2019/TT-BTC, the fee for marriage registration will depend on each region.