Conditions for recognition of marriage abroad. Currently, there are many Vietnamese people who have registered to marry foreigners. So how to get recognition of marriage abroad in Vietnam? Let us learn about this topic with LSX law firm as follow:
Conditions for recognition of marriage abroad
When a Vietnamese person has carried out the procedure for marriage registration in a foreign country; and wants to have that marriage recognized in Vietnam; he/she must carry out the procedure of notifying the marriage in the civil status book.
Accordingly, Article 34 of Decree 123/2015/ND-CP stipulates that; the marriage registration in a foreign country of Vietnamese citizens must satisfy a number of conditions as prescribed by the Law on Marriage and Family 2014; recorded in the civil status book of Vietnam:
– Eligibility for marriage
– Do not violate the prohibition. How to deal with fake marriage to get foreign nationality?
In addition, if the marriage registration abroad does not meet the conditions for marriage in Vietnam, it will still be recorded in the civil status book if:
– By the time the request is recorded in the civil status book, the consequences have been; overcome
– The note is to protect the rights of Vietnamese citizens and children
– Do not violate the terms of the law
Therefore, in order for foreign recognition of marriage in Vietnam; the procedure for noting the marriage registration in the civil status book is extremely important.
Procedures to be recognized for marriage abroad
In order to have a recognition of marriage abroad in Vietnam when a marriage has been registered abroad; the requester must follow the procedures for notifying the marriage. 3 important notes when registering a marriage abroad. Accordingly, this procedure is; performed as follows:
Article 48 of the Law on Civil Status 2014 stipulates that the People’s Committee of the district; where the Vietnamese citizen resides has the authority to record in the civil status book the marriage; that has been settled at a competent foreign agency.
Therefore, when a Vietnamese citizen wants to record a marriage that has been; performed in a foreign country, a Vietnamese citizen should go to the district-level People’s Committee where he or she resides to carry out procedures.
Documents for recognition of marriage abroad
When going to the district-level People’s Committee, the requester needs to prepare the following documents:
– Declaration of marriage notes (according to the form issued together with Circular 15/2015/TT-BTP)
– A copy of the marriage certificate issued by a foreign competent authority;
– A copy of the extract of the divorce note (if there was a divorce record or an annulment of the marriage – if any)
– Copies of identification papers of both male and female parties, if sending documents via the postal system;
– Power of attorney (if any).
(Article 35 Decree 123/ND-CP)
Steps to take notes about recognition of marriage abroad
– Step 1: Prepare all the above documents
– Step 2: Go to the People’s Committee of the district where the Vietnamese citizen resides to submit the above documents.
Note: when submitting, you must bring identification documents for comparison. If these papers are; issued, notarized or certified by a foreign competent authority, they must be; consular legalized, unless otherwise exempted by law.
– Step 3: Within the prescribed time, the head of the district-level Justice Department shall record in the book and report to the President to sign the original or refuse the request.
Contact LSX Law firm
Finally, hope this article How to deal with fake marriage to get foreign nationality is useful for you, If you have any questions please contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333 or email: email@example.com.
Accordingly, foreigners are persons bearing the nationalities of other countries; who are studying, working, living in the Vietnamese territory.
Accordingly the provisions of Circular 85/2019/TT-BTC; the fee for marriage registration will depend on each region.