Let figure out special cases of applying for a Vietnam temporary residence card for foreigners with LSX.
- Law on Entry, Exit, Transit, and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam No. 47/2014/QH13 dated June 16, 2014
- Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam No. 51/2019/QH14 dated November 25, 2019
In case of change Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
Cases for change of temporary residence card
- Temporary residence card is lost;
- Temporary residence card is torn or with fuzzy number
- Foreigners are granted a new passport in which the new passport number is different from the passport number indicated on the temporary residence card;
Agencies responsible for changing temporary residence card for foreigners
Depend on each case, the foreigners may apply for a temporary residence card replacement at one of the following agencies of Vietnam:
- Administration of Immigration
- Department of Immigration Management of Police Departments of provinces and cities
The validity of the renewed temporary residence card
The renewed temporary residence card duration will be equal to the period written on the previously issued temporary residence card.
In case of extending Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
Foreigners can extend their temporary residence card in Vietnam upon its expiry by:
- Preparing the following documents:
- Application form for visa issuance, stay extension
- Following the same procedure to get a new temporary residence card as mentioned above.
Processing time is 5 working days after receiving full documents.
In case of losing Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
Initially, foreigners should do is go to the local police to report the loss of that residence card. Then, local police will then confirm this notice to foreigners. After this confirmation, foreigners can renew a new residence card in Vietnam.
The procedure for re-issue of a lost temporary resident card is as follows:
- Written requests of inviting or guaranteeing agencies, organizations and individuals;
- 01 declaration of information about the foreigner applying for temporary residence, with photo and stamp of the agency or organization;
- 02 photos sized 3 x 4 cm;
- 01 copy of passport, valid visa, entry and exit certificate (with the original for comparison);
- 01 copy (with the original for comparison) of documents proving the purpose of staying in Vietnam.
- In addition to the provisions of the new application dossier, an application must be submitted together with a written description of the reason for the loss or a written loss notice of the guaranteeing agency.
Processing time: Within 15 working days from the date of receiving full documents.
Contact LSX law firm
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hopefully, this article is useful for you to answer the questions about the Vietnam Temporary Residence Card for foreigners. Finally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.