Generally, both 5-year Vietnam visa exemption and temporary residence card are intended for foreigners who want to stay in Vietnam for a given period of time. However, it is difficult to distinguish clearly between them. Let figure out this issue with LSX.
- Law on Entry, Exit, Transit, and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam No. 47/2014/QH13 dated June 16, 2014
- Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam No. 51/2019/QH14 dated November 25, 2019
1. Who can obtain 5 – year visa exemption and temporary resident card in vietnam?
In fact, a Temporary residence card is granted for many subjects as workers, investors, parents, and children of a foreigner in Vietnam,…
Conversely, a 5-year Vietnam visa exemption is valid for people who are the husbands, wives, the children of Vietnamese nationality in Vietnam.
2. Duration of 5-year visa exemption and temporary resident card
Generally, a Temporary residence card acts as a long-term visa granted by a competent immigration authority to foreigners who are allowed to stay in Vietnam from 1 year to 3 years.
On the other hand, a 5-years Vietnam visa exemption will have a 5-year period of multiple entry visas. However, each stays much not exceed 180 days and then to have exited.
3. What are benefits of 5-year visa exemption and temporary resident card?
Advantages of temporary residence card:
- Innitially, foreigners can buy an apartment and will be able to buy a house in the near future;
- Besides, foreigners can stay permanently in Vietnam while their temporary residence cards are still valid without leaving Vietnam;
- Additionally, foreigners can easily to apply for visa to visit another country when they are in Vietnam.
- Furthermore, foreigners can save on costs because they do not have to carry out multiple visa extensions and save on travel expenses;
- Finally, it is very convenient for foreigners to conduct business, marriage… procedures in Vietnam.
Advantages of 5-year Vietnam visa exemption:
- Traveling to Vietnam without visa requirement within 5 years: It is unnecessary for you to apply Vietnamese visa again. However, for each entry, you can continuously stay for 180 days.
- Saving amount of visa fee: It is cheaper than to apply short-term visas within a period of 5 years.
4. Validity of 5-year visa exemption and temporary residence card
A five-year visa exemption is a five-year period, multiple entry visas. However, each stay must not exceed 180 days.
Otherwise, the maximum validity of a temporary residence card is a three-year period. Therefore, foreigners can enter and exit many times according to their work requirements. Therefore, a temporary residence card helps save time and costs for temporary cardholders. Specifically, each entry is not limited to the number of days of stay and the holders can stay until the expiration of the temporary residence card.
Contact LSX law firm
Thank you for paying attention to our article. Hopefully, this article is useful for you to answer the questions about the Vietnam Temporary Residence Card for foreigners. Finally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333.