Can adopted children and biological children register their marriage? Let us learn about this topic with LSX law firm as follow:
Many times we have to face difficult situations that seem only in movies. One of them is that the adopted child and the biological child want to register their marriage. So, according to the law, Can adopted children and natural children register their marriage?
Can adopted children and biological children register their marriage?ge?
The law protects, respects and recognizes marital relationships when these relationships comply with the law. Accordingly, in marriage registration, Article 5 of the Law on Marriage and Family 2014 stipulates prohibited cases including:
– Fake marriage;
– Child marriage, forced marriage, cheating on marriage, obstructing marriage;
– A married person or a married person living with another person as husband and wife
– Taking advantage of marriage for human trafficking, labor exploitation, sexual abuse or other acts for the purpose of self-seeking.
It is worth noting that the law prohibits marriage or cohabitation between the following specific people:
– Same blood line to the direct line
– Having a surname within three generations
– Between adoptive father, adoptive mother and adopted child
– Between people who used to be adoptive parents and adopted children
– Father-in-law with daughter-in-law, mother-in-law with son-in-law
– Stepfather with his wife’s stepchild, stepmother with her husband’s stepchild
Conditions for adopted children and biological children to register their marriage
Although natural and adopted children are; not prohibited by law from marrying each other, in order for their marriage to be legal, the following conditions must be; satisfied:
– Male from full 20 years old, female from full 18 years old
– Both men and women do not lose their civil act capacity
– The marriage must be voluntarily decided by both parties
– The two people applying for marriage must not be of the same sex
– Not falling into the prohibited cases mentioned in Article 5 of the Law on Marriage and Family 2014
In addition, the marriage of two people must be registered at a competent state agency as prescribed by law.
Thus, natural and adopted children are not among the subjects prohibited by law from living together or getting married. And if two people fully meet the above conditions, they are allowed to get married.
If you want to know about Dossier for marriage registration in Vietnam, let read this article.
Finally, hope this article about Can adopted children and biological children register their marriage? is helpful for you!
In case you have any questions about Consultancy service on marriage procedures, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Lawyer X for quick and best legal services: +84846175333 or email: email@example.com.
In general, registration of child adoption is; recorded in the civil status registration book; to officially recognize the relationship between the adopter and the adopted person as a parent-child relationship in accordance with the Law on Marriage and Family.
The conditions for a person to be able to adopt a child is a combination of necessary factors that a person must have according to the provisions of law in order to be able to adopt a child,