Accordingly, is your company an enterprise that wants to set up a representative office abroad? So, LSX Lawfirm will give you an article about: “Joint-stock companies in Vietnam set up representative offices abroad”, as follows:
Law on enterprises 2020
Law on investment 2020
Decree No. 01/2021/ND-CP
Circular No. 01/2021/TT-BKHDT
Foreign representative office in Vietnam
Accordingly, pursuant to Clause 2, Article 44 of the Enterprise Law 2020, a representative office is: “a dependent unit of an enterprise, responsible for representing the enterprise’s interests and protecting those interests.”
Pursuant to Clause 1, Article 45 of the Enterprise Law 2020:
So, enterprises have the right to set up branches and representative offices in the country and abroad. An enterprise can set up one or more branches and representative offices in a locality according to administrative boundaries.
So there is no limit to the establishment of a representative office.
Joint-stock companies in Vietnam set up representative offices abroad
For companies that often have foreign partners, having a representative office abroad is necessary. In case of setting up a representative office in a foreign country, it is necessary to prepare the following documents:
- Firstly, Notice of establishment of representative offices abroad. The form is in Appendix II-12 issued with Circular 20/2015/TT-BKHDT.
- Secondly, A valid copy of the representative office operation registration certificate or equivalent paper;
- Thirdly, A written authorization for the person to submit the application and receive the results if he is not the legal representative. It related to Joint-stock companies in Vietnam set up representative offices abroad.
- Then, A valid copy of one of the personal identification papers of the person authorized to carry out the procedure (if any):
– For Vietnamese citizens: Citizen identification card or Vietnamese identity card or passport is still valid.
– For foreigners: Foreign passports or valid documents replacing foreign passports are still valid.
Where to apply:
- Business Registration Office – Department of Planning and Investment where the representative office is located
- Business Registration Office – Department of Planning and Investment where the company is located, when making a notice of a representative office set up abroad
Deadline for settlement:
Within 03 (three) working days from the date of receipt of complete and valid dossiers.
Above is the basic information for a joint stock company about setting up a representative office.
What is a representative office?
A representative office is a dependent unit of the enterprise; have the task of representing as authorized for the interests of the enterprise; protect those interests. In addition, enterprises have the right to set up representative offices in the country and abroad. An enterprise may set up one or more representative offices in a locality according to administrative boundaries.
What does change of operation registration contents of a representative office mean?
So, change of operation registration contents of a representative office means an enterprise making changes to the registered contents on the representative office operation registration certificate; the Business Registration Office has been granted where the representative office is located under the law on enterprises.
Contact LSX Lawfirm
Finally, hope this article is useful for you to answer the question about: “ Joint-stock companies in Vietnam set up representative offices abroad ”. If you need any further information, please contact LSX Law firm : +84846175333 or Email: email@example.com