Passport is a kind of mandatory identification document that allows you to leave a foreign country and have the right to re-enter the country. used abroad. After completing the procedure for first passport issuance, using a period of time when the passport will expire and no longer be valid, at this time people need to go through the procedure to change the expired passport and issue a new passport. Today, LSX Lawfirm will give you an article about: “Prepare documents for re-issuance of expired passports in Vietnam”, as follows:
Circular No. 29/2016/TT-BCA
Some definitions about Prepare documents for re-issuance of expired passports in Vietnam
“Passports” are documents owned by the Government and issued by competent authorities of Vietnam to Vietnamese citizens to make entry, exit and prove nationality and personal record.
“Passport containing electronic chips” also refers to a passport embedded with electronic equipment storing encoded information of its holder and digital signature of issuing body.
“Laissez-passers” then refer to documents issued by competent authorities of Vietnam to Vietnamese citizens to enable travel across borders according to international agreements between Vietnam and countries sharing borders.
Dossier to apply for a passport in Vietnam
- 01 declaration form available.
- 02 new photos taken in size 4×6 cm, face straight, head bare, without colored glasses; white background (taken directly at the place of registration)
- Valid identity card (ID card) or citizen identification card (CCCD) for inspection and comparison by the Immigration Department
- Household registration book or temporary residence book where you live. It related to Dossier to apply for a passport in Vietnam
For some special cases such as people who have lost their civil act capacity; people who have difficulties in perception and behavior control as prescribed by the Civil Code; and those who are under 14 years old:
Then, the declaration of application for a passport according to the form filled out and signed by the father; mother or legal representative, and certified and stamped by the police of the commune; ward or township where that person permanently or temporarily resides hybrid photo.
Then, submit 01 copy of birth certificate or birth extract for people under 14 years old. It related to Dossier to apply for a passport in Vietnam.
So, a certified true copy of a document issued by a competent Vietnamese agency evidencing the lawful representative of a person who has lost his/her civil act capacity; has difficulty in perception and behavior control according to regulations. provisions of the Civil Code. If the photocopies are not authenticated, the originals presented for checking and comparison. It related to Dossier to apply for a passport in Vietnam.
According to the new law; people who are 14 years or older have the right to choose whether to have a passport with a chip or without a chip. Persons under 14 years old issued passports without electronic chips.
Prepare documents for re-issuance of expired passports in Vietnam
Pursuant to the provisions of Article 6 of Circular No. 29/2016/TT-BCA, the application for a passport includes:
– 01 declaration Form X01
– Then, 02 recent photos, size 4cm x 6cm, straight face, bare head, no colored glasses, white background. Children under 9 years old who share a passport with their parents, must submit 02 photos of size 3cm x 4cm
– Then, children under 14 years old submit 01 certified true copy or photocopies of the birth certificate, if not authenticated, present the original for inspection and comparison.
Some special cases:
In case of entrustment to submit the dossier; the Form X01 declaration must be certified by the head of the entrusting agency, organization or enterprise; and stamped with the photo; enclosed with the document of the agency; organization or enterprise. such enterprise shall send an application to the Immigration Department to issue passports to the entrusting person; (if the request is for more than one person; a list made and certified by the authorized agency, organization or enterprise).
In case the application for passport re-issuance submitted through a postal enterprise; the declaration Form X01 certified by the Head of the Police Department of the ward, commune or town where he/she permanently resides, stamped with a photo border, enclosed with the passport, and a paper copy valid ID card or citizen identification card.
In case of requesting for re-issuance of passports for children under 14 years old; then the declaration Form X01 declared and signed by the parent; or guardian on behalf of the child and signed by the Chief of Police of the ward; commune or town where the child permanently resides or certified temporary residence; stamped border and photo; enclosed with the child’s passport; then if the guardian declares and signs on behalf of the child; a copy or a certified true copy of the document proving the guardianship of the child submitted; if not, the original shall be presented for inspection and comparison.
Passport renewal fee is 200,000 VND / time.
– The time limit for receiving passports is not more than 8 working days (except on New Year’s Day, public holidays and Sundays) from the date on which the immigration management agency of the police department of the province or city under central authority receives the application.
– If the application is submitted at the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Public Security, it will take no more than 3 working days. It related to Dossier to apply for a passport in Vietnam.
Contact LSX Lawfirm
Finally, hope this article is useful for you to answer the question about: “Prepare documents for re-issuance of expired passports in Vietnam”, please contact LSX Law firm : +84846175333 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org