Today, LSX Lawfirm will give you an article about: “Steps to apply for an expired passport in Vietnam”, as follows:
Circular No. 29/2016/TT-BCA
Some definitions about Steps to apply for an expired passport in Vietnam
So, “Passports” are documents owned by the Government and issued by competent authorities of Vietnam to Vietnamese citizens to make entry, exit and prove nationality and personal record.
“Passport containing electronic chips” also refers to a passport embedded with electronic equipment storing encoded information of its holder and digital signature of issuing body.
“Laissez-passers” then refer to documents issued by competent authorities of Vietnam to Vietnamese citizens to enable travel across borders according to international agreements between Vietnam and countries sharing borders.
Principles of entry and exit in Vietnam
Firstly, comply with Constitution, regulations and law of Vietnam and relevant international agreements to which Vietnam is a signatory.
Secondly, ensure openness, transparency and advantages for Vietnamese citizens; stringency and consolidation in managing entry and exit of Vietnamese citizens.
Thirdly, ensure national security, social order and safety; protect legal rights and interests of Vietnamese citizens in entry and exit activities.
Finally, detect and take actions promptly and stringently as per the law against all violations regarding entry and exit of agencies, organizations and individuals. It related to Dossier to apply for a passport in Vietnam.
Steps to apply for an expired passport in Vietnam
Step 1: Make declaration form X01
Especially now; applicants for passport re-issuance can declare information through the electronic system of the Immigration Department at the address: https://hochieu.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/.
On the electronic declaration page to apply for a passport; select the “Select this item to declare information on the passport application form”, then complete the information in the declaration.
Then, within 10 days from the date of filling out all information in the electronic declaration form; the applicant for the issuance, amendment; or supplementation of a passport; uses the appointment booking function on the XNC website to choose a time to come to the Immigration Department.
Immigration management of the police of the province or city directly under the Central Government; or the Immigration Department shall submit the application. After this time, information about the electronic declaration will be automatically deleted on the XNC Web site.
Step 2: Prepare complete documents as prescribed
You can refer to the article related to Prepare documents for re-issuance of expired passports or make a passport in Vietnam.
Step 3: Submit your application
- Firstly, regarding the place of application; the applicant for passport re-issuance shall submit the application at the Immigration Department of the Police Department of the province or centrally run city; where he/she permanently or temporarily resides or the Immigration Department.
- Secondly, regarding the method of submission, the submitter can submit in the following ways:
– Directly submit the application at the receiving department
– Entrusting agencies, organizations and enterprises with legal status to submit dossiers.
– Send the application and request to receive the results by post, except for the case of requesting for re-issuance of passports for children under 14 years old.
- Thirdly, Regarding the time limit for processing dossiers, for dossiers submitted at the Immigration Department; the time limit for processing shall not exceed 08 working days from the date of receipt of complete and valid dossiers. For dossiers submitted at the Immigration Department; the time limit for processing shall not exceed 05 working days from the date of receipt of complete and valid dossiers.
Step 4: Receive the passport re-issuance result
Persons who request for issuance, amendment; or supplementation of passports shall submit their dossiers at any immigration management agency and receive the results at that place. Those who apply for the issuance; amendment and supplementation of passports can receive the results at the address registered with the postal enterprise.
Related questions about Steps to apply for an expired passport in Vietnam
Passport renewal fee is 200,000 VND / time.
According to the regulations, the application can be submitted at the Immigration Department of the police station of the province or centrally run city at any place that is convenient for you. Unless you do not have your identity card (citizen identification), you must work at the Immigration Department of the police station of the province or city under central authority where you permanently or temporarily reside
– The time limit for receiving passports is not more than 8 working days (except on New Year’s Day, public holidays and Sundays) from the date on which the immigration management agency of the police department of the province or city under central authority receives the application.
– If the application is submitted at the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Public Security, it will take no more than 3 working days. It related to Dossier to apply for a passport in Vietnam.