Today, LSX Lawfirm will give you an article about: “Subjects granted temporary residence card in Vietnam”, as follows:
Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam in 2019
Visas for foreigners living in Vietnam
What is a visa?
Accordingly, this is a type of document issued by a competent Vietnamese agency, allowing foreigners to enter Vietnam. Currently, visas so issued to foreigners by the competent authority of Vietnam in the form of: passport; separate or through electronic transactions (e-visa), valid for one time or many times.
Who is granted a visa?
From the above definition, it seen that most foreigners entering Vietnam must present a visa issued by a competent authority in Vietnam. Each foreigner entering Vietnam granted a visa with different symbols; of which the most common are visas with the following symbols:
- Firstly Who are members of guest delegations of high-ranking state agencies; diplomatic missions of countries and international organizations in Vietnam – Visa symbol: NG1, NG2, NG3, NG4.
- Secondly Who enter and work at high-ranking state agencies, socio-political organizations, social organizations, and the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Visa symbol: LV1, LV2.
- Then Foreigners are investors in Vietnam – Visa symbol: ĐT1, ĐT2, ĐT3, ĐT4
- Then, Foreigners who are managers of representative offices, branches and projects of economic organizations, international organizations or non-governmental organizations in Vietnam – Visa symbol: NN1, NN2, NN3.
Foreign workers – Visa symbol: LĐ1, LĐ2
So Foreigners enter Vietnam to study, travel, etc. – Visa symbol: DH, DL, HN, etc.
Then Foreigners who are relatives of people who granted visas or enter Vietnam to visit relatives – Visa symbol: TT, VR
You can also look for details about each type of visa; you can refer to Article 8 of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam 2019.
What is temporary residence card?
Temporary residence card a document issued by an immigration management agency or a competent agency of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to a foreigner who is allowed to reside in Vietnam for a definite time and is valid in lieu of a visa. This means that foreigners who granted a temporary residence card in Vietnam, in case of exiting and re-entering Vietnam, do not need to present a visa.
Subjects granted temporary residence card in Vietnam
Pursuant to Article 36 of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam in 2019, temporary residence cards will be issued to the following subjects:
– Foreigners who are members of diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations under the United Nations, intergovernmental organizations in Vietnam and their spouses, children under 18 years of age, maids accompanied by tenure;
The temporary residence card issued to these subjects has the symbol NG3.
– Foreigners enter with visas with symbols LV1, LV2, LS, DT1, DT2, DT3, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LD1, LD2, TT.
The temporary residence card issued to these subjects has the same symbol as the issued visa.
The duration of a temporary residence card
According to the provisions of Article 38 of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam in 2019, the specific duration of each type of temporary residence card is as follows:
– Temporary residence card with symbol DT1 is valid for not more than 10 years.
– Temporary residence cards with symbols NG3, LV1, LV2, LS, DT2 and DH are valid for no more than 5 years.
– Then, Temporary residence cards with symbols NN1, NN2, DT3, TT are valid for no more than 03 years.
– Temporary residence cards with symbols LD1, LD2 and PV1 are valid for no more than 02 years.
Because the duration of the issued temporary residence card is at least 30 days shorter than the remaining validity of the passport, within 30 days before the issued passport expires, foreigners must carry out procedures for extending the temporary residence card.
Depending on the type of temporary residence card, the fee for making a temporary residence card for foreigners is also different.
The following is a table of fees for making temporary residence cards for foreigners, including duration and fees:
145 USD (Temporary residence card valid from 1 year to 2 years), 155 USD (Temporary residence card valid from 02 years to 05 years), 100 USD (New issuance/re-issuance of temporary residence card).
Temporary residence card is a document issued by the Immigration Department or a competent agency of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to a foreigner. Holders of temporary residence cards can reside in Vietnam for a long time from 01 to 05 years. In addition, a temporary residence card is also valid as a substitute for a visa.
If the Vietnam visa is limited on the number of entries and the length of stay, the temporary residence card allows foreigners to stay longer. Thus, compared to visa, temporary residence card is much more beneficial and can overcome the inconvenience of visa.
Contact LSX Lawfirm
Finally, hope this article is useful for you to answer the question about: “Subjects granted temporary residence card in Vietnam”. If you need any further information, please contact LSX Law firm : +84846175333 or Email: email@example.com