Today, LSX Lawfirm will give you an article about: “The process of applying for a work permit for foreign teachers in Vietnam”, as follows:
– Labor Code 2019;
– Decree No. 152/2020/ND-CP regulating foreign workers in Vietnam and recruiting and managing Vietnamese employees working for foreign organizations and individuals in Vietnam;
– Other relevant legal documents.
The process of applying for a work permit for foreign teachers in Vietnam
Step 1: Apply for a written approval of the need to employ foreign workers
At least 30 days before the date of employment of the foreign worker; then the employer (except for the contractor) shall send an explanation report to the Ministry of Labor; War Invalids and Social Affairs or the People’s Committee of the province where the foreigner attends. working ants.
Accordingly, within 10 working days from the date of receipt of the explanation report, the Ministry of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs or the People’s Committee of the province will issue a written approval; or disapproval of the use of foreign workers for the employer. each job position.
Related article: Who pays insurance for all contracts for foreign teachers?
Step 2: Prepare documents to apply for a work permit
An application file for a work permit includes the following documents:
- The employer’s written request for a work permit;
- Then Health certificate or medical examination certificate issued by a competent foreign or Vietnamese medical agency; or organization; (valid within 12 months from the date of signing the health conclusion to the date of submission of the application file; or the certificate of sufficient health as prescribed by the Minister of Health);
- Then Judicial record card; or document certifying that the foreign worker is not a person who is currently serving a sentence; has not yet been expunged; or is being examined for penal liability by a foreign country; or issued by Vietnam; (issued no later than 06 months from the date of issue to the date of application submission);
- Documents and papers proving that you are a teacher:
- So, Certificate of having a college degree or equivalent; or higher and having a training profession suitable to the teaching profession at the foreign language training institution;
– Then certificate of having a university degree or equivalent or higher and having a training profession suitable to the teaching profession at the general education institution;
– Then pedagogical certificate for teachers without a pedagogical degree
- Certificate of teaching experience abroad (for the position of principal, vice principal)
- 02 color photos (size 4cm x 6cm, white background, straight face; bare head, no colored glasses), photos taken within 06 months from the date of application;
- Then a written approval of the need to employ foreign workers; except for cases where the need to employ foreign workers is not required;
- Then notarized copy of passport (original volume) or papers of equivalent value;
- Documents related to the foreign worker being a teacher (labor contract, signed agreement about the employee working in Vietnam,etc).
Note: So documents issued by foreign competent authorities are required consular legalization; (except for cases exempted from consular legalization); and translated into Vietnamese and authenticated according to regulations. provisions of Vietnamese law.
Step 3: Apply for a work permit
At least 15 working days before the scheduled foreign teacher starts working in Vietnam; then the applicant shall submit an application for a work permit at the Ministry of Labor; War Invalids and Social Affairs or the Department of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs where the foreign teacher expected to work.
Step 4: Get a work permit for foreign teachers
So, within 5 days from the date of receipt of a complete application for a work permit; the Ministry of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs or the Department of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs where the foreign teacher expected to work will issue a work permit. Work permits for foreign teachers.
In case a work permit is not granted, a written reply clearly stating the reason.
Apply for a work permit for foreign teachers takes 5 working days
Apply for a work permit for a foreign teacher at the Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs where the foreigner is expected to work.
Contact LSX Lawfirm
Finally, hope this article is useful for you to answer the question about: “The process of applying for a work permit for foreign teachers in Vietnam”. If you need any further information, please contact LSX Law firm : +84846175333 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org