Faced with the complicated situation of the Covid-19 epidemic in Vietnam today; one of the epidemic prevention measures under the guidance of authorities is that people must wear masks in public places. In case people do not wear masks, they will be administratively sanctioned. So how much is the fine for not wearing a mask; and who has the authority to punish someone who doesn’t wear a mask in public; in the following article, Chengdu Law will help you answer this question. LSX Lawfirm will give you an article about: “Penalties for not wearing a mask in public in Vietnam”, as follows:
– Law on Prevention of Infectious Diseases 2007
– Decree 117/2020/ND-CP stipulating administrative sanctions in the health sector
– Notice 89/TB-VPCP of Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh’s conclusion at the Government’s standing meeting on COVID-19 prevention and control
– Decree 155/2016/ND-CP stipulating penalties for administrative violations in the field of environmental protection.
The importance of wearing a mask when going out
According to Notice 89/TB-VPCP dated May 1, 2021 of the Government Office, at the Government’s standing meeting on COVID-19 prevention and control; the Prime Minister requested the provinces and centrally-run cities Immediately perform the following solutions:
Compulsory wearing of masks when leaving the house and strictly complying with the 5K requirements of the Ministry of Health.
- Tighten the implementation of epidemic prevention
- Control measures at units and establishments in the area
- Especially at medical facilities, schools, production facilities, markets, supermarkets, airports, and wharves. vehicles, public places with a large number of people; on public transport means, industrial parks, factories and enterprises; tourist areas, hotels, accommodation facilities, religious places of worship and events that gather large numbers of people, etc.
– Continue to carry out active screening and testing on a large scale for cases with symptoms of cough, fever, difficulty breathing; respiratory infections and other cases at risk of community transmission.
– Presidents of People’s Committees at all levels, based on local conditions and epidemic situation in the locality; actively, flexibly and creatively apply effective and appropriate measures to prevent and control the epidemic. “dual goals” for both socio-economic development and ensuring safety for epidemic prevention and control; and to take responsibility according to their functions; duties and authority to decide on specific tasks and solutions; especially in the prevention and control of epidemics effectively combat and overcome the Covid-19 epidemic.
Therefore, everyone is required to wear a mask when leaving the house.
Penalties for not wearing a mask in public in Vietnam
According to the provisions of Clause 7, Article 8 of the Law on Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases 2007; one of the prohibited acts is failing to comply with measures to prevent and control infectious diseases at the request of competent agencies or organizations.
Point a, Clause 1, Article 12 of Decree 117/2020/ND-CP stipulates:
A fine of between VND 1,000,000 and 3,000,000 shall be imposed for one of the following acts:
a) Failing to take personal protection measures for participants in the fight against epidemics; and people at risk of disease according to the guidance of health authorities.
Thus, according to the above provisions, in the absence of aggravating or mitigating circumstances; people who do not wear masks in public places may be subject to an administrative fine of VND 2,000,000.
Related article: Persons with sanctioning authority for not wearing masks in Vietnam
Traffic police do not have the authority to sanction administrative violations against individuals and organizations that do not wear masks in public.
According to Circular 01/2016/TT-BCA, the Traffic Police only have the power to handle administrative violations in the field of road traffic, security, social order and safety, and administrative violations. in other areas of state management.
Chairpersons of People’s Committees of communes and wards have the power to sanction administrative violations against individuals and organizations that do not wear masks in public places.
Contact LSX Lawfirm
Finally, hope this article is useful for you to answer the question about: “Penalties for not wearing a mask in public in Vietnam”. If you need any further information, please contact LSX Law firm : +84846175333 or Email: email@example.com