Many livestock investors want to know more about this activity in Vietnam. LSX Lawfirm will give you an article related to: “Prohibited acts in animal husbandry in Vietnam”, as follows:
Law on investment 2020
Law on animal husbandry 2018
Decree No. 13/2020/ND-CP
Some definitions about animal husbandry in Vietnam
“Animal husbandry” means a combined economic-technical branch including activities related to livestock breeds, animal feeds, livestock breeding and processing conditions and market of animal products.
Then, Breeding activity is raising of livestock for growth and reproduction purpose and other activities relating to livestock and animal products for food, animal traction or decoration purposes and other purpose of human.
And then “Livestock farm” means a form of intensive farming operated in a separated zone used for livestock production and farming. It also includes large-scale, medium-scale and small-scale farming.
Related article: Conditions for livestock farm animal husbandry business in Vietnam
Prohibited acts in animal husbandry in Vietnam
Firstly, breeding operated in areas not permitted for livestock rearing in cities, district-level towns, commune-level towns and residential zones except for rearing for decoration purpose and laboratory breeding without environmental pollution.
Secondly, use of substances prohibited in animal husbandry
- Use of antibiotics in animal feeds that are not veterinary medicine permitted to be circulated in Vietnam.
- Use of antibiotics in animal feeds as growth stimulants.
- Destruction or appropriation of livestock gene sources.
- Illegal export of precious and rare livestock gene sources.
- Import of animal products with prohibited substances in animal husbandry.
- Import, trade and processing of products made from animals died of diseases or whose death unexplained.
- Illegal import, rearing, releasing or use of genetically modified animals and products thereof.
- Coercive use or insertion of substances or objects or injection of water into domesticated animal body and products thereof for trade fraud purpose.
- Collusion and cheating in quality experiments, testing, verification and announcement and certification of conformity in animal husbandry.
- Discharge of waste from livestock breeding not undergoing treatment or not treated in a satisfactory manner to places for waste receipt as specified in the law on environmental protection.
- Provide counterfeit information in declaration of animal husbandry for profiteering purpose.
- Obstruction, destruction and encroachment of legal livestock breeding.
Related questions about “Prohibited acts in animal husbandry in Vietnam”
How is the scale of livestock and poultry farming regulated?
Firstly, The scale of livestock and poultry production is regulated as follows:
Large-scale farming: From 300 livestock units or more
Breeding on medium-sized farms: From 30 to less than 300 livestock units
Small-scale farming: From 10 to less than 30 livestock units.
How is the livestock unit coefficient specified?
Accordingly, the livestock unit coefficient is specified as follows:
– The coefficient of livestock units used as a basis for converting the number of livestock into livestock units
– The livestock unit coefficient, the formula for converting the number of livestock to livestock units is specified in Appendix V of Decree 13/2020/ND-CP.
It is related to “Prohibited acts in animal husbandry in Vietnam” issue.
The principles for determining the scale of livestock production?
The scale of livestock and poultry raising is determined by the number of livestock units at the livestock establishment at the same time
The scale of raising other types of livestock is determined by the number of livestock at the livestock establishment at the same time
In case a mixed-breeding establishment includes cattle, poultry and other livestock, the livestock production scale includes the total number of livestock units of cattle and poultry and the quantity of each other type of livestock.